Oil for IRS

PacWest

Established Member
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I could not find anything on it. My car is coming up on 5K miles and I want to change all the oils.

I'm planning on Amsoil for the engine, Redline ATF for the tranny, and ???? for the IRS.

The book says this does not need to be changed unless there is a leak. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited:

kpinco

Established Member
I was told Ford has already put the best fluid in the rearends. I was looking at replacing it but was told I would be wasting money.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The point is to change the fluid to get the initial wearmetals out, not that the fluid itself actually needs changing.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the 75-140 that they call for. However, I think that there has been a revision in the additive pack. One is the traditional kind, and the other is for the new carbon fiber clutch pack. you will have to see a dealer with a build date to find out.

kpinco

Established Member
Originally posted by mblgjr
The point is to change the fluid to get the initial wearmetals out, not that the fluid itself actually needs changing.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the 75-140 that they call for. However, I think that there has been a revision in the additive pack. One is the traditional kind, and the other is for the new carbon fiber clutch pack. you will have to see a dealer with a build date to find out.

Good point. I just had mine changed due to the rearend leaking.:beer:

PacWest

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. I was interested in doing it to get the wear metals out. I think I'll go with the Ford stuff. I understand it's synthetic and good quality.

Users who are viewing this thread