oil/fuel/ air fuel readings. IS THERE SOMETHING GONIG ON?

dpancer

Established Member
oil/fuel/ air fuel readings. IS THERE SOMETHING GOING ON?

Hey guys,

Please have a look at this video of my car idling. This is with the car running at opt. temp. I just changed the fuel rail pressure sensor, new plugs, new oil. Right after first startup i noticed that my blower(ported eaton) might be messed up. Sounds like there rear bearings might have blew on me.

I'm just hoping that its not a motor issue. The second video is the sound the blower is making. I still havent taken the belt off to test it. Tonight I will be doing that.

Car seems to be running a bit rich by the smell of the exhaust. There is light smoke coming out. blackish white (not coolant). Its a new Reman motor with not even 1000 miles on it.

[video=youtube;gBzObHxxsmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzObHxxsmY[/video]

[video=youtube;TwL1fE9yDf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwL1fE9yDf8[/video]

I wonder if a busted blower can cause idle issues like this. Or maybe because of the excessive fuel that went though the system when the FRPS blew the O2 sensor or IAT sensor crapped out.

Last edited:

dpancer

Established Member
Finally some good news.
The problem was the bypass actuator. The fuel from the frps blow ate the diaphragm causing it to stay closed during idle. Obviously this also caused a vacuum leak. This caused more air to be pushed into the cylinders at idle than normal causing the fluctuating rpm. Pretty dumb of me not to check this first bit its not one of those things that comes to mind when you first hear a strange sound in your bay.

By manually holding the actuator open and blocking the vacuum line the car sounded and idled properly. However, I'm still not sure the blower is suppuse to sound like that when the bypass valve is closed during idle.

Can anyone with a ported eaton manually CLOSE their actuator and take a video of the sound for me??? All though it has always sounded like rotor or housing contact when I did this in the past, I have no idea if its normal or not. Perhaps a new blower is still in the cards.

Last edited:

dpancer

Established Member
Can anyone with a ported eaton manually CLOSE their actuator and take a video of the sound for me??? All though it has always sounded like rotor or housing contact when I did this in the past, I have no idea if its normal or not. Perhaps a new blower is still in the cards.

Anybody?

Users who are viewing this thread