Oil Leak issue on '03

cobraman2009

Established Member
Hey everyone, I'm having an oil leak issue at the moment. A little background, I bought the car a few weeks ago and very shortly after, I started seeing oil in the garage. At first it was a small puddle and the drip wasn't consistent. I took it to a car shop to have them look at it, they said it "looked" like the leak was coming from the oil filter area, but they said the oil filter was on tight. I decided to buy some new oil and a royal purple filter to see if it helped the issue. Today, I changed the oil and filter but after I fired up the car....alot of oil started leaking. It left a fairly large puddle and I had to shut off the engine. The problem was made much worse by the oil change. The leak seems to stop with the engine off. I made sure the previous filter's rubber gasket was removed before installing the new filter. It's also on tight and I had no issues screwing it back on. While the filter was off, I did notice oil leaking from a small hole on the bottom right of the filter housing. Do you guys know what this could be before I take it to the shop? I don't want to take it to a Ford dealer, I haven't had good dealership experiences in the past. Thanks!

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Sounds like you need new seals on the oil cooler, or if you are lucky the oil cooler itself is just coming loose. Search on here, these are other threads on this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread