Oil Pans

BlackMamba3

Established Member
So I know that we can upgrade the GT Premium oil pan to the Boss 302 oil pan. I know it holds 8 quarts and is improved for baffling and what not. My question is, are we able to upgrade to the Boss 302R road race oil pan?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The simply answer is that anything can be upgraded. It may just require modification to make it work.

I question the need however. Unless you are doing some SERIOUS road racing where you could possibly see some oil starvation issues, it's just going to be a waste of money.

I had my bone stock 5.0 out at PPIR on the high banked oval. Running it hard through the bowl and corners at rpms at or exceeding rev limit, the car never hiccuped, missed a beat or exhibited any type of oil starvation issues. I honestly couldn't see the need until you're running an ultra stiff suspension with R compounds and you're racing the thing in time trials or better.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yes, you can bolt on either of these pans. However, like mentioned above it's kind of a waste if you don't drive in a manner which would necessitate the extra baffling.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Well once my initial mod set up is complete, I'll be using my car mostly for road racing. I'm the kinda guy that wants the best of the best. I just wanted to make sure it was a direct bolt-on and also the extra 4 quarts of oil it holds isn't a bad thing either. The $1300 price tag is a little silly though but I'm sure it's worth every penny.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread