Oil pressure, battery and engine light ON 2002 Focus SVT

RSA-Mustang

Established Member
Background story. Car has been sitting since Thursday after I left to go out of town. Low fuel light had been on for about 3 miles before I parked it. 5 days later I drove another 4 miles with fuel light still on early this morning to go and get gas and no issues. An hour later driving today around 60 mph I noticed the car seem to lose power and ALMOST die but then pick up power again. The oil pressure, battery and engine light came on briefly and then turned off and I simply kept driving.

4 miles down the street coming to a red light, the car Completely DIES and all three lights are on again! Car kept rolling and I quickly turned ignition off and then on and to start the car with no more issues. Drove it home and its been parked since. Only other thing I would say I noticed was that when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 3rd I hear a small clicking noise. Similar to the clicking sound of a pen. Car has 142K miles and I understand some odd sounds can be from the age of the car and being daily driven.

Could it possibly be an alternator issue? Battery light has flashed on for less than a second twice in the last 5k miles. Also did some research and thats what one forum posting indicated. Also could possibly be fuel pump since if gas was too low for the fuel pump.

Just not sure what it is and would like some ideas before I take it to the dealer for repairs and end up paying for something I don't need to pay for.

Thanks SVTP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread