oil pressure gauge

For those with the dual gauge package on the dash, is the oil pressure reading actual pressure or is it still just a switch as used in the past?

Also, are these factory gauges 2 1/16" (52mm)?

Todd

Last edited:

RiskyRick

Established Member
I didn't really watch it much but the PP oil pressure guage in the car I test drove appeared to be functional. Showed like 80psi on cold start 30 at hot idle. Definately didn't just hang in the middle the whole time.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I didn't really watch it much but the PP oil pressure guage in the car I test drove appeared to be functional. Showed like 80psi on cold start 30 at hot idle. Definately didn't just hang in the middle the whole time.

That is good to hear. I would be really disappointed if Ford used an idiot gauge in the PP.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member

Nice...thanks for the info!

RiskyRick

Established Member
No problem. The Performance Pack car felt STIFF. I was shopping for a 14 car, but after driving the two back to back (never having driven either before), I'm ordering a new one. Only way I can describe it is that the s197 GT feels like an old friend, but the s550 GT feels like a new toy.

I'm getting a stripper car coming. No options except performance pack.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
No problem. The Performance Pack car felt STIFF. I was shopping for a 14 car, but after driving the two back to back (never having driven either before), I'm ordering a new one. Only way I can describe it is that the s197 GT feels like an old friend, but the s550 GT feels like a new toy.

I'm getting a stripper car coming. No options except performance pack.
Good analogy :). Congrats on the purchase! My Ingot GG PP is about to arrive at my dealership :).

Users who are viewing this thread