Oil Pressure gauge

Orions96cobra

Established Member
This being my first cobra, I was just wondering, On my GT the oil pressure gauge stayed the same from startup. With my 96 that has 22k miles on it it varaites and at idle points almost straight up but a little to the right, then goes past the M when im moving down the interstate. My oil is full, please tell me this is normal.

Thanks
Alex

slabgod

Soon to be Goat eater
Established Member
well ive got a mechanical oil pressure gauge on startup it will go up to about 60 then after it warms up around 20 and when I drive it fluctuates according to throttle pos. hope that helps

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
slabgod said:
well ive got a mechanical oil pressure gauge on startup it will go up to about 60 then after it warms up around 20 and when I drive it fluctuates according to throttle pos. hope that helps

for a stock motor, that is actually pretty low. from what i hear (i have billet oil gear and larger bearing clearance), a stock 4v should have close to 100psi at cold start, and about 30psi at idle.

slabgod

Soon to be Goat eater
Established Member
i could have been wrong on the exact numbers i was just trying to let him know that its normal, oh and im not exactly stock got to have some secrets lol

Users who are viewing this thread