Oil pump question

German Boy

Established Member
I again, which by 2011 oil pump so GT500 or 5.0 GT has more capacity?
I want in my new Ford GT block, the original piston cooling installed, the jets I have now. (# Xr2z6c327-aa)

The 2011 GT500 also has piston cooling jets, but which jets, such as the Ford GT or the 2011 GT 5.0?

The price of oil pumps are different, so 2011 GT500-$95.79 to 2011 GT-$102.76.
Source Ford Parts.com:read:

Why do I want to do that, I expect of them in connection with the piston coating 2 degrees more ignition.

Ralf
If I had the engine ready, I can also English.:rockon:

German Boy

Established Member
The nice thing about the matter, I have rebuilt a new Melling 360.

mellingoring2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
mellingoring3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
sdc11738.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
sdc11736f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ralf

German Boy

Established Member
Can nobody help me, then will I try it alone.

I installed the Ford GT oil nozzles in the GT block,
Oil pump, I take the 2011 GT with the oil pipe.

Will try the volume of the pump and the nozzle to be determined.
With a little luck and pray it will work.

Ralf

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
Ralf, Is the 2011 pumps rotors thicker or larger then the 2007-2010 rotors, if not how do they have more volume or pressure? My 07 motor wore its main and rod bearings out at 5000 miles due to lack of oil I believe. On my pump I believe the seal or lack of allow to much oil loss, I to installed a o ring at that flange on the rebuild. Ford supplied the plugs with the block due to the pump not being able to supply the bearings and squirters for the piston. My experience with lack of oiling has made be not respond to your post, unless you know for SURE, then there is no way I would install the squirters, I was thinking of squirting #4 cylinder only since that cylinder thens to run hotter. Bill

German Boy

Established Member
Hi Bill,
my information for the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...ord_mustang_gt_50_coyote_engine/photo_18.html

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...ord_mustang_gt_50_coyote_engine/photo_47.html
"Looking much like the Three-Valve part, the Coyote gerotor-style oil pump was enlarged by lengthening it 6 mm to provide adequate oil flow and pressure at the Coyote's high rpm, and with the small loss posed by the piston squirters."

[/url]http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...ord_mustang_gt_50_coyote_engine/photo_46.html
"Not shown, the oil pump pickup tube was aggressively enlarged for higher flow. The tan thru-pan fitting is the oil-level sending unit."

Ralf

Ralf, Is the 2011 pumps rotors thicker or larger then the 2007-2010 rotors, if not how do they have more volume or pressure? My 07 motor wore its main and rod bearings out at 5000 miles due to lack of oil I believe. On my pump I believe the seal or lack of allow to much oil loss, I to installed a o ring at that flange on the rebuild. Ford supplied the plugs with the block due to the pump not being able to supply the bearings and squirters for the piston. My experience with lack of oiling has made be not respond to your post, unless you know for SURE, then there is no way I would install the squirters, I was thinking of squirting #4 cylinder only since that cylinder thens to run hotter. Bill

Last edited:

German Boy

Established Member
I have rebuilded thanks to your post my new oil pump
out of fear that also happened to me!

Ralf:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread