Oil sample

Blackwell808

Established Member
Those who are doing regular oil sample what kind of numbers are you getting on specifically iron an aluminum? The car I recently purchased is getting back “elevated levels” on those two metals and silicon. The silicon is dirt and entry and I’ve since cleaned the air filter. Everything else was good. Other than those two metals. I’ve attached the file from black stone labs of the sample report. Everything else was good on the car. Compression, leak down, and borescope. I’m not too knowledgeable on the 4.6 so I’m not sure if this is a normal wear pattern on them or not.

Attachments

• 454EBBD3-7591-4462-8FDD-A2FD31962CFD.jpeg
    454EBBD3-7591-4462-8FDD-A2FD31962CFD.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 75

olympic

Established Member
The numbers aren't crazy high, I wouldn't worry about it (for now). If your air filter is letting dirt through you'll see higher silicon and wear metals. Keep the dirt out of the engine and all the numbers should drop.

Blackwell808

Established Member
The numbers aren't crazy high, I wouldn't worry about it (for now). If your air filter is letting dirt through you'll see higher silicon and wear metals. Keep the dirt out of the engine and all the numbers should drop.
Let’s hope! Gonna resemble
In 1,000 miles and hope it’s lower

Users who are viewing this thread