oil seeping from the throttlebodie

liquidlightning

Established Member
:007:: oil oil oil theirs oil in my throttle bodie whys that dos any
one know what that could be from i was installing pullys today whn i seen oil seeping. dos anyone els have thi happening .
i get no blue smoke at start upnoir at high revs dont know what the problem is here

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Apparently the oil is pulled up to the throttle body thru the tube that runs from the rubber intake boot to the valve cover on the drivers side. I don't know if anyone has figured out if it happens during hard acceleration or during deceleration. There are a couple of different thoughts on how to keep it from happening,

1) some have said that they run a half quart low on oil (5-1/5 instead of the normal 6 quarts).

2) Some have taken the tube from the boot to the valve cover out and put a vented breather cap on the valve cover and put a plug in the hole that is in the boot. There has been a difference of opinion on if this can cause a lean condition or not. Some report that they run this mod without doing anything else and others have reported that they had their chip reburned to allow for this.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
FlaSVT
Some have taken the tube from the boot to the valve cover out and put a vented breather cap on the valve cover and put a plug in the hole the is in the boot. There has been a difference of opinion on if this can cause a lean condition or not. Some report that they run this mod without doing anything else and others have reported that they had their chip reburned to allow for this.

As some of you know I have 2 JDM chips, my spare chip which I am running right now is a older mild street chip. This one is not programmed for the breather cap. My other chip is a JDM flip chip, which is programed for the breather cap. It is on it's way back to me as we speak.

I run the breather cap with both chips and have had no problems with either chip. I was told by Jim that some trucks can set off the SES light with the breather cap if the truck is not programed for the mod., but most people who run the breather without programing for the breather have no problems.

One other benifit of the breather is it gives a little more power higher in the powerband.

I hope this clears things up a bit

Don

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by liquidlightning
thanks guys for the info i promise i got a nice big kiss for you guys i was worried sick

If you are going to kiss me you better be a girl.

Hey glad we could help out.

You should call Jim at JDM he will set you up, trust me he has me flying

Users who are viewing this thread