Oil Separator Question

f8lbite04svt

Established Member
I know alot of guys on here are using oil catch cans or oil separators on their pcv line to prevent extra oil from going into the intake. My question is this: What about the passenger side? All the pics I've seen on here just show the catch can/separator on the drivers side valve cover, but I noticed that the passenger side has a line that goes to the intake tube. Does this one need a separator too?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
you can put it on both sides, but it is not really needed on the passenger side. You will get oil, just not very much. I empty mine (driver's side) about once a week. It fills up pretty quickly.

CobraMac

Established Member
Jlt sells a seperator that goes on right there perfectly. Check out their website. A lot of guys on here have it actually

f8lbite04svt

Established Member
Thanks for the input, I may just put the catch can on the truck and get two of the pre-filters from jlt when I order the intake due to the fact that there is just not really any room for a catch can under the hood!

CobraMac

Established Member
Yahhh I understand that. I have the oil seperator from steeda on the drivers side and just ordered the jlt pre-filter the other day for the passenger side head

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I've got the JLT prefilters on both sides.

here is the passenger side.

100_3258.gif

Users who are viewing this thread