Oil seperator mod question.

zeeman800

Established Member
I'm new to the site and I've have my lightning for about 4 days.I've been reading up on the oil seperator mod so i went to Home Depot and got a, Husky mini general purpose filter that looks identicle to the ones I've seen on other lightnings BUT theres a warning sticker on the side which reads WARNING: EXPLOSION- avoid synthetic oils and a few other things.So i just wanted to know if they all say that or do i have the wrong one.
Thanks

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
no, its good. I wouldn't waste the time with that though, it doesn't work real well. I would get one from DMR or something like that

zeeman800

Established Member
Thanks Alot. What are some good sites to get performance parts from that will ship to Canada.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
no, its good. I wouldn't waste the time with that though, it doesn't work real well. I would get one from DMR or something like that

+1

I had one, it didn't work to well. I went with a nice catch can/seperator and it works much much better.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
The one I built with the Parts from Home Depot has been working great so far. I guess if it takes a crap on me, I will just delete the PCV system and be done with it.

Robert Francis

Established Member
Some guys report success with the Home Depot (they sell the Campbell-Hausfeld "air line" liquid seperator at my Home Depot) seperators - other say they're pretty useless. They were pretty useless for me. Do a "search" and you'll find many other recommendations - the L & S separator being one of the more popular ones.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
The one I got was not a Campbell-Hausfeld, it was a Husky brand. It had some kind of release valve on the bottom of the canister. I took it off and put a bolt in the hole along with a gasket on both sides of it. But like I said if I start to have problems with it, I will just delete the PCV system and save a ton of money of going with another oil seperator.

Users who are viewing this thread