oil

Doch01

Established Member
Dose anybody use a additive in the motor oil...
I use mobil 1 extended performance and it burns up prety quick when im at wot I race my car every week and drive it hard all the time except whem I habe my son in tje car ...is ther any other oil that last longer or a aditive that I can use for my car...

OW99

Established Member
Just keep an extra quart available. Or change to a thicker weight oil if you are using 5w20. 5w30 will slow the burning a bit.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Try a different brand of oil. Mobil 1 is known to "evaporate".

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

OW99

Established Member
I would try a good brand of high mileage synthetic oil over 5w-40. They have additives that help prevent leaks. 5w-40 might work but it's a risk since the mod motors have tight clearances compared to most engines.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
If your engine is burning oil ther's not much you can do about it (other than a rebuild). Thicker oil might help but running the engine hard will use a little more oil. The Mobil 1 extended is good oil and there is no problem with running a thicker oil in terms of clearances. They are not unusually tight or much different from traditional V8 clearances. The 4.6 uses the same clearances as the 5.4's that Ford specs 50w oil for.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
You could try AMSOIL 10w30 signature series 100% Synthetic Motor Oil. It has a NOACK Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g) of 5.7. I believe Mobil 1 5w30 is around 10 or higher. Basically, you'll burn less oil with a lower NOACK.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
You could try going to valve cover breathers instead of a pcv system. You may be sucking oil into the intake.

Users who are viewing this thread