Ok check out this R/C drag car from Aussie!

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Buddy of mine runs a local R/C forum and he knows I like this stuff so he sent me this.

Its a 1/10 drag car with a .56 Sato 4 stroke that has a functional BLOWER!!

003.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

SWEET!!

rdsnk46

Established Member
Probably loosing .32 HP from parasitic drag........turbo would have been the way to go! LOL! JK! That is awesome!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
My father built a few of those RC cars years ago. He has an F1 prototype that I swear runs 60 mph flat out. Hard as hell to control too.

Cammer281

SVT Poster
Established Member
sorry to dissapoint you but it has been proven 10000x before that those superchargers do not work on those little cars.

OP said the engine was a 4 stroke, so a supercharger should work. The reason you have seem them fail in the past is that they were put on 2 strokes.

Blone

Established Member
sorry to dissapoint you but it has been proven 10000x before that those superchargers do not work on those little cars.

It has been proven they dont work on the two strokes, because the boost just escapes out of the exhaust during the cycle.

That motor is a 4 stroke, and superchargers have been known to work on them. In fact OS made a 4 stroke with a supercharger from the factory.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
OP said the engine was a 4 stroke, so a supercharger should work. The reason you have seem them fail in the past is that they were put on 2 strokes.

no... they don't work on 4 strokes that small either. I will try to find the thread somewhere, but i know someone tested it and it makes practically 0 power with those. A supercharger puts parasitic loss on an engine, so how are you going to make power on an engine when the loss is equal to the gain?

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
It has been proven they dont work on the two strokes, because the boost just escapes out of the exhaust during the cycle.

That motor is a 4 stroke, and superchargers have been known to work on them. In fact OS made a 4 stroke with a supercharger from the factory.

superchargers are GIMMICKS to sell more cars, nothing more.

NukeGuard

Established Member
Cool car. I've been in R/C for about 15 years now. The superchargers for those cars do very little to the 4 strokes and actually make the 2 strokes unbearable to run and tune. If you want more power, remove some head shims, up the nitro content and if all the tricks in the book fail....Nitrous Express makes a kit you can install on them. It works. Barely driveable, but it works. I'm wondering why he went with a 4 stroke. Most 2 strokes now (entry level) turn a conservative 35-40k rpm. With some knife edging of the rod and reshaping of the intake port on the crank you can really wake up a cheap motor.

Last edited:

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
i have a jato 3.3 and it's pretty fast, i can't imagine how fast that car is? i bet he can barely control it?

Teksid281

Banned
Looks like a cog setup LOL. Seriously though, they are right about the superchargers not working. A guy at our local track had a twin 4 stroke twin superchaged T-Maxx and it got eaten alive by box stock 3.3 t-maxxes. That thing would ride a wheelie til the cows came home though.

Users who are viewing this thread