Ok Guys Hellion Or Hp?

-Wade-

Established Member
HPP.

No comparison. Take the benefits of a THP kit, add the ground clearance of an HP kit, and have it make awesome power.

Im not talking down about Hellion/THP at all, I would just hate ANY piping running under my K-Member. I would also hate any drainback issues and that much heat next to my front bumper/paint. But that's me!

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
EVERYONE EVERYONE!

If i could of done it over again i would of gone with HELLION! Plain and simple! There kit is way nicer and produces the same hp! And singles are better for the track

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
I LOVE my THP setup, we redid the exhaust to go through the K and I could not be happier! Jim was great to deal with and was there every step of the way...and still is.

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
anyone else interested in revamping this thread? (besides me)

Georgie

Established Member
whats the Beast kit from hellion? and why hasnt anyone made a sequential twin turbo kit??

-Wade - Im not talking down about Hellion/THP at all, I would just hate ANY piping running under my K-Member. I would also hate any drainback issues and that much heat next to my front bumper/paint. But that's me!

Which kit has better ground clearence? thats mportant for me because of shitty roads up here in Quebec!

TRBO VNM

Georgie said:
whats the Beast kit from hellion? and why hasnt anyone made a sequential twin turbo kit??

-Wade - Im not talking down about Hellion/THP at all, I would just hate ANY piping running under my K-Member. I would also hate any drainback issues and that much heat next to my front bumper/paint. But that's me!

Which kit has better ground clearence? thats mportant for me because of shitty roads up here in Quebec!

the beast kit is a 88mm kit. it has made 1000 rwhp through an auto on Busters car.

sequential, not sure. probably because of the success of the current systems available.

I really need to get a pic of my car and a saleen I just finished up. both pretty low as far as I am concerned and no bottoming out issues. the aftermarket K members sit higher than the factory. so while the piping may go under the K on the Hellion kit, it isn't like it is going under the stock K, which sits lower.

TRBO VNM

THP and HPP have the turbo's in the engine bay by each valve cover. HP has the turbo's in the bumper.

all 3 are different companies.

-Wade-

Established Member
Georgie said:

HP and HPP both have piping running through the K-member and A-Arms.

The Hellion and THP both go under. I cannot give you a definite answer without a measuring tape, but I would *assume* the Hellion because of the split tubes. Its a 3 split into 2 2.5" pipes.

Ground clearance with the first two are not an issue at all.

Greg@RET

Established Member
Heres the clearance on the Hellion kit for a 03 Cobra....

100_5199.gif

You can see the car is a little higher then normal for more ground clearance. Also this car is on 18" cobra wheels.
100_5202.gif

TRBO VNM

there is one ground clearance issue that I know of with the hellion kit. I don't know why or what the circumstance was, but there are probably 40+ terminator kits out there and I haven't read of anything, other than that one person. I will have to get pics of mine tomorrow since I finally got my other wheel and have it off the jack stands. I am pretty low and a saleen I just did was pretty low. no issues at all over speed bumps or anything else.

how can hellion get away with the pipes going under the Kmember? 2 main reasons...

they go under the steering rack boot area and a-arms. so not really the Kmember, to be exact.

the stock kmember and a-arms sit lower than the aftermarket. so there is more clearance to start with after installing the aftermarket K and a-arms.

the pipes going under should not sway your decision. I have driven from MD to FL and back and I have taken the car on the hot rod power tour last yr. my only problem was my wideband sensor took a crap on me.

greg, what do you mean a little higher than normal? that car is lower than stock ride height.

Last edited:

Greg@RET

Established Member
Yes it is lower then stock, but most terminators ride at about 2" or lower wheel gap :beer:

I am not saying its bad or to low, just showing a pic of the clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread