Ok Guys Hellion Or Hp?

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Anyway, with that being said, if you just want a turbo on your cobra with no real goals with the car, there's no reason to not go with the hellion setup. You'll get it quick and it's competetively priced.

*EDIT* no SPECIFIC goals instead of "real goals"

Last edited:

Blown02

Established Member
03SBSVT said:
hellion 76 or HPP twin 67. Only go HP if you want to recieve half the parts you paid for, and in the end still have a shitty system that doesn't work right.
wtf? a shotty system that doesnt work right? mmmmmk.. do u have one of these kits?? i know a few have had problems, but that doesnt mean every kit is shit. mine has worked flawlessly for over a year. make SICK power.

Blown02

Established Member
C H I N I said:
I now have the drain back issue! I think i am going to switch the hellion y2k kit.
ur switchin just because of drainback??? Its really weird.. seems like only 03-04 cobras have drainback.. my 01 cobra motor has never had a prob.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
it isn't the boost you should go by. the 76 will push over 40#, but you won't see that on our cars. What you should look for is the power rating. which is 950 crank on the 76. then whatever boost it takes to make that is what it will make for your combo. for any turbo, they can only flow so much. at what boost level do you push it to max it out? all depends on the application.

that being said, the 76 has made that power between 25-27# on these cars.

Chini, sorry to hear about the drainback. why go for the 88? you will need to spin the motor to 7500 to utilize that turbo. for a 6 speed weekly driver the 88 would not perform how that person wants it to. if it was a track car or if you are doing a lot of street racing and have a built motor, fine. But it isn't something that you can really enjoy as a daily driver.

you need to pick the kit that is right for your setup and goals for the car.
Yea the 76 is probably the turbo i would go with. If i cant fix the drain back then you will be getting a call from me soon.

Needcobra

Established Member
I want hellion. Never looked back.

Just look at all the kits over and over. Read post about others and watch vids of all turbo cobras. You'll find out witch one you want.

Carter

HELLION

Established Member
I have a 03 cobra at 13.5lbs of boost 93 octan made 646RWH and 679RWT
hellion kit small port job on heads and a good built bottom end

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
HELLION said:

more info on the bottom end? cr?

Blown02

Established Member
HELLION said:
ya whats the compression? custom grind cams?

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
jugsreturn said:
Why not consider TurboHorsepower?

They don't seem to have the problem of drainback issues and looks like all the parts you'll need are supplied in the kit. Just a thought if you really wanna go twins. Might be a little more pricey, but you usually get what you pay for.

Any one have experiance with them:??: ? Their kits look really nice.

joemayo

Established Member
Chini I say just fix the drain back issue.. I"ve seen coastal in FL fix them with some type of oil box or something just get it fixed and don't sell it and boost the biotch! or look for BAXTER on modularfords he has 57mm Kit and put some type of aftermarket pump bolted to the frame and new lines and he said it is fine now

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

11ride4life said:
Any one have experiance with them:??: ? Their kits look really nice.

do a search on here and modfords. that should give you enough info.

Last edited:

jugsreturn

Established Member

kuruma

Established Member
jugsreturn said:
Why not consider TurboHorsepower?

They don't seem to have the problem of drainback issues and looks like all the parts you'll need are supplied in the kit. Just a thought if you really wanna go twins. Might be a little more pricey, but you usually get what you pay for.

Just a question, is there any reason why the cobra kit costs 1200 more than the gt kit for the same stuff? Seems a little steep to me at 8k...

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
I fixed the issue! But i still get a lot of steam... Does anyone have that issue with there car? My tuner said its normal and there was another tt cobra and a hellion cobra in the shop and they both did it. He said its condinsation build up from sitting in cold wet areas.

TRBO VNM

C H I N I said:
I fixed the issue! But i still get a lot of steam... Does anyone have that issue with there car? My tuner said its normal and there was another tt cobra and a hellion cobra in the shop and they both did it. He said its condinsation build up from sitting in cold wet areas.

steam? hmmm, I know with turbo or not I have seen a lot of condensation. so I don't think it is turbo specific.

Slythrin

danny03cobra said:
Dont know what kit to get, i want to hear what you guys have to say. If you have aither one give me some feedback. Thanks

read the wose turbo kit thread made by me then make the decision after looking at the pics

Users who are viewing this thread