Ok guys, looking for a black 93

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Keep your eyes out for one. A friend of mine has his heart set on a black 93 cobra. We are looking for a nice clean 'driver car' (100k mile range) Stock or modified (if modified he would like the OEM parts thrown in).

Realistic price, no rust, no body damage, etc. Just a car that someone has driven and taken care of.

Let me know if you see one for sale

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
There's a cleaning looking black on grey cloth on ebay. Its already met reserve @ $8K

edit.... Saw your other post. Is this the same cobra you drove 1000 miles to look at?

Last edited:

~Ray~

Established Member
There is only surface rust on that one nut, a pulley accessory bracket. The only reason it's noticeable is I sprayed em with wd-40 just prior to taking picture so it would come off, the underside does not have any rust I remember seeing & there is not a drop of rust anywhere on the body.

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
~Ray~ said:
There is only surface rust on that one nut, a pulley accessory bracket. The only reason it's noticeable is I sprayed em with wd-40 just prior to taking picture so it would come off, the underside does not have any rust I remember seeing & there is not a drop of rust anywhere on the body.

ok sounds good. I'll see if my buddy wants to call you today

bad93svt

Established Member
Who looked at the car & clermont & how did it look?

Can you tell me what the car in Clermont looked like (same me a trip.. possibly) I am in Orlando not far, but if it is junk. don't want to waste my time.
thanks Jeff

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
bad93svt said:
Can you tell me what the car in Clermont looked like (same me a trip.. possibly) I am in Orlando not far, but if it is junk. don't want to waste my time.
thanks Jeff

Even thought it has new paint, there was a bad paint job performed. My car has 60k more miles than that one and it made my car look pristine. Look at the ad I posted and you will see a portion of the rust I saw.

Biggest turnoff for me and my buddy was the LH frame rail and the stuff that mounts to it. It looked horrible to me because of the rust

jonw357

Established Member
Hey Lee, I have been tossing the idea about selling my Black cobra. It has like 96,000 miles on it. The engine has twisted wedge heads, bbk long tube headers, brand new dr. gas x-pipe, new borla mufflers, new full chrome 2 1/2 tailpipes that they do not make anymore, new springs lowered 1 /2 inches, new shocks and struts, 42lbs injectors, lighting mass air, areomotive fuel pressure regulator, big aluminum radiator, electric fan, new rotors for the front and back sitting in the boxes, aluminun drive shaft, new phantom gauges, boost and fuel pressure. The only problem is that it has been sitting for the last 4 months with a busted trans. I put a B-trim on it and 3rd gear busted the 3 day with the blower on. I have a tko I am putting synchros in sitting in the garage with a blow proof bellhousing I have been waiting to have time to do. Just got done building a house and have been working 70+ hours a week at work. So I havent had a chance to work on her. I will talk to the wife tonight and see what she says about me selling her. I am in a position where I dont have to sell her but the money could go toward the house and other things. I aslo have the stock springs and a tfs street heat intake sitting in the garage too. Also it is grey leather with a sunroof. I have corbeau seats in the front with the leather ones sitting in storage.

Last edited:

jonw357

Established Member
Hey Lee I think I am just going to keep her right now. I have too much money invested in her. I would have to have $9,500 for the way it sits right now.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Jon, where in Bama are you from and are you sure you do not want to sale? My buddy has the cash ready if he likes your car

jonw357

Established Member
I live decatur. If your buddy wants to come by and look at it that would be ok. Here are a few more things that the cars has. New 2 1/2 inch cowl cervini hood (not painted), new black super clear head lights (still have the ford ones, and they look brand new too), new black Ford Racing tall valve covers, 1inch intake spacer, new holley high pressure 255lph fuel pump, custom kooks power pipe (not installed cause I was not wanting to cut the engine bay, new 6Al MSD box wired in car. The car has few dings and chips like any other car would with that kind of miles. My plan was too strip the whole body down this winter fix the dings and get her repainted by one of my friends that has a body shop and not driver her in the rain anymore. All the vin stickers are on the car. Let me know if you have anymore questions and when he might want to look at the car. I work 7 days a week. So give me a little ahead of time notice that way I can hopefuly arrange for someone at work to work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread