ok guys new to this need some help

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
The obvious start would be CAI and exhaust. Big SOTP pick up from that. After thats done, see how it handles for you and go from there. Some see 20-30hp gains from just those two mods....

Rwick7

Established Member
In my opinion any pulley change is a little warranty-risky. I would just put on a Cold Air and a Catback

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
In my opinion any pulley change is a little warranty-risky. I would just put on a Cold Air and a Catback

Ditto.
Allens-03, that is one nice cobra you got there(looks just like mine).:thumbsup:

Last edited:

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
I would get an Exhaust (3"), a Filter (12") and T/B for power...some Drag Radials and some IRS Bushings to put the power down. Then course also a Tri-Ax or Pro 5.0 Shifter to eliminate the akward stock shifter.

You also might be able to put a 3.2 Pulley on with no chip(its been done) and put the Pulley Cover back on...they'll never know.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
try an x pipe, cat back, and cold air intake. a pro-5.0 and 315 nttos afterwards. beyond that, it gets warranty risky.

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Originally posted by allens-03
i am looking to make my 03 a little faster what do you think i need.remember i dont want to void the warranty

Yeah that's what I said, best advise is CHANGE NOTHING. Once you start to mod there's no turning back.:coolman:

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I did the cat-back and CAI. Noticed an improvement. More boost, better sound...then I did some interior and appearance mods...and I keep looking at pulley-chip combos and it's getting tougher to fight it. Sad thing is, it's not even been two months and not even 2K miles yet. I'm going to have to move to wheels, tires, and a shifter, but will eventually run out of warranty friendly(if there is such a thing) mods. What FX-Man said is the best advice. I started the day after I bought it. A week later you should've heard them at the exhaust shop after I bolted my Magnaflow cat-back up and then drove it up to have them weld it instead of using the clamps. They were laughing at my 500 mile mod. I know them and it was probably because I don't think I've ever brought them a car with over 1K miles on it. 5 cars so far. My advice would be: Put on a CAI, and never open the hood again to mod, because anything else will probably void the warranty.

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
Man gotta love the red anniversary since everyone else here has one here's mine. My modding began before the car arrived and the warranty will go out the window as soon as I get some more money. My list of mods at the end of the week will be shifter, quadrant, firewall adjust, 12 in. air filter spintech mufflers, mgw handle, shift knob, recaros seats, rear seat delete, nitto drag radials, free mods, ported stock tb and plenum and contemplating porting stock blower for a little more flow also electric water pum and a tank to hold ice in the back to circulate the intercooler fluid.
s3f3dc93755743.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread