Ok Guys..tell me about allocation bs..

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
please only post in here if you actual information or work at a dealer. Im planning on ordering a 2011 gt. I've been told that if you have a buyers order you get bumped into production. I've heard this stopped 5/31/10 and its back to normal? Anyone have any current info as of 6/1/10.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
We ordered a car on 5/24 and it was built on 6/7, that's quick! The key is the priority code and a dealer that keeps a close eye on the order bank.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I was at the dealer last night and was told if they can find a car in inventory that matches what I want they could have it to me in a day or two. He also told me that if they needed to order me the car from the factory that I wanted it could take up to 12-14 weeks to receive it.

2013Boss302

Established Member
i ordered my car 5/22 it was built 6/4 its alreadt at the ramp waiting to be shipped.

Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - Tl03 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI Jun-08-2010, 14:23 ET Jun-27-2010

its been produced and its already been on ramp 51 so your a step closer. I have the same ETA of 6/27 BUT I am not sure how accurate that ETA is most have been way off

i got that from another gentleman on another forum that can check status with the vin number.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
please only post in here if you actual information or work at a dealer. Im planning on ordering a 2011 gt. I've been told that if you have a buyers order you get bumped into production. I've heard this stopped 5/31/10 and its back to normal? Anyone have any current info as of 6/1/10.

The factory does not go by a buyers order. When you order a car, the dealer gives/designates the car/order with a priority number. The Factory pulls these orders on Thurs night based on the priority number, and Friday cars get acknowledged for build by the factory. Once acknowledged, they then are given a build date and approximate shipping date. The lowest priority number is 10...if I remember correct. Only snag in this is commodity restrictions. For instance, the factory could say that 20% of the dealers order can be Brembo Pkg cars. Sounds like a lot but if they can only order 5 cars that week, then only one car can be a Brembo Pkg and all others have to be without to be sheduled.

The real question of allocation is a whole different subject. If the dealer is offered 4 GT's for the ordering period and the factory has already acknowledged/set build date/built these four cars, then your order may sit in the order bank until the dealership is given more "allocation" by the factory. This is why some dealers choose to search for a car for a customer and not order as they may not have the allocation to order another car. Generally if you are dealing with a large dealership this does not happen, but going back to 04' when we had 25 orders for the new 05' we had this problem.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread