ok i am lost with waxes

stangfreak

Established Member
there are so many things out there i can't keep up anymore. i just bought the meguires nxt. gonna give that a shot. but now i just heard about the product called clearkote?? i have a metallic silver cobra.

what is the best combo i should buy from them for a deep, wet, glossy amazing finish? also, list the steps in order on what i should do. thanks

spree

Established Member
silver? hmm...most people go with Zaino or Poorboy's EX-P or Klasse SG. It's not just about the wax though, you still need a claybar, swirl remover, and a good polish.

stangfreak

Established Member
yea i was going to claybar it first. i have the griot clay bar with there speed shine.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I just did my car tonight with the NXT and it came out great! And the I put a nice coat of super glaze(wax shop) on top of that! I have never used a clay bar on my car....how long does it take and is it hard?

Last edited:

George Wax

Established Member
I will make this very simple for you 1. Wash vehicle 2. Clay surface (I prefer Clay Magic sold at AutoZone) 3. Use Meguiar's Product Color X (sold at Walmart) 4. Finish up with Meguiar's NXT (work's really well on Metalic's like your's). This procedure will yield excellent result's and can be achieved by hand or orbital polisher. Product's can be purchased locally and they are cheap. There are other procedures I can recommend for you but I do not want to get very technical with you. I use to work for Meguiar's in Irvine,CA, for about 3 year's and I am a part time auto detailer. Good Luck..and nice car ...Almost forgot get some some Micro Fiber Cloths at Costco, or Sams Club they will make you life easier at removing product's..

stangfreak

Established Member
cool. thanks guys! i will deff. give the meguires a shot first. george thanks a lot bud. gotta get ready for the summer you know!!!

CobrABoZ

Established Member
Yea too be honest just find a wax company that makes all the stuff "claybar,wash,wax,ect" ,and stick with them. Me its zaino and clearkote,ive tryed many i have a black car and nothing gets it as wet as those two, but my buddy with a silver 03 uses poorboys check them out see what u think.

Users who are viewing this thread