OK...I need to vent a little bit

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
Ok, I really feel like I'm starting to run out of places to talk to people who will understand or at least attempt too. So anyway here is my story.

In November of 2002 I went to Kyrgyzstan. From there I flew an assortment of missions doing various things in more countries then I can remember. What was suppost to be a 3 or 4 month tour ended up being 8 months. Now I'm a single young Airman so I really didn't mind. July of 2003 I returned home. I bought my Lightning and life was great. In December of 2003 I meet a woman at a club that I was working part time at. Little did I know it at the time but this is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. There is no doubt. I care about her more then anything in the world. So when January rolls around, my commander calls me into his office. I thought I screwed something up but it was worse. He told me that I was needed back in the "big sand box". I packed my things and was gone at the end of Febuary. When I left I was not supprised to see that my orders had been cut for 6 months. The Lightning went into storage. I've been over here ever since then dreaming of the day I'll get to return home. I'm runing out of motivation. They just told us that we will be lucky if we are able to return in September because the mission has to come first. I don't regret joining the military or anything that I've ever done in the Air Force. Its just that I'm starting to get drug down with thte toughts that I'm never going to get home to my Girl/Truck. Not to mention that 6 days ago was my 21st B-Day. What a way to spend it. On patrol in the middle of no where hoping for a hot meal.

A lot of you here are very pro military and believe it or not. Every post I read where someone is supporting the things we do lifts my spirits. With all the negative media going on now its just hard to find that anymore.

Sorry for the long and pointless rant but I just needed to get some of those things off my chest.

Jason

2veloce

Established Member
ICEMAN9648

The media is negative only because that is what makes news.

While I can't feel what you are feeling, I can tell you that everyone I talk with is supporting the war on terrorists. I am 200% behind this effort to protect Americans .

This will pass just as everything else that has gone before us. You and all others serving are to be admired for your dedication and to America.

Our prayers are with all of you for a safe and quick return to America.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Dude I feel your pain, really! Retired after my twenty years were up. Did my 5 tours to the desert during my last four years. Got out March of this year and it was a hard road. Hard on the family, kids and life in general. Just remember that your doing this for alot of people. Some care and some don't. But let me be the first to say "Thank You". It is difficult but life will go on! My training in the Air Force gave me the skills to get a great job now and check from uncle sam. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Please be safe and carry on for FREEDOM! Remember 9-11

2814v

Established Member
You dont need to be sorry for venting it is every servicemans right to vent, you earned it. Your tour will end and you will come home to your bada$$ truck and your girl. When you get alittle older and are no longer in the AF you will look back at your time on active duty as some of the best and worst times of your life. And you will be proud, nobody can ever take it away from you.

I want to thank you for helping to make it a better world for my son and daughter to grow up and live in. God speed.

FSSNK

Established Member
KEEP THE FAITH BROTHER! I do know how you feel and you will make it HOME! THANKS MAN, WE ALL LOVE YOU! BTW Keep youre F***ING HEAD DOWN!

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
You have my most sincere thanks and best wishes for your future. Coming back home will only make you appreciate your homelife even more. Good luck w/ that woman of yours and the Lightning will have it's chance to strike again!

Thanks buddy!

:beer:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Keep your head up and your spirits high bro, The media might make it seem like people don't support the war( I think they are the minority) . But even the ones that don't, know you guys are over there fighing for all of us...and if we learned nothing else from Vietnam, we did learn that the solders are over there fighting for each other and to survive and for the most part could care less about the politics behind the war...So just remember WE are behind you and you are doing what most people allways say they want to do, Making a differance in the world ...So God bless and stay safe.

Last edited:

depken

Established Member
My future son-in-law recently jpined the Air Force and is in basic now. I am very proud of him as well as all the Soldiers in our military. Good luck and God bless you all.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by depken
My future son-in-law recently jpined the Air Force and is in basic now. I am very proud of him as well as all the Soldiers in our military. Good luck and God bless you all.

You have all of our support here in Columbus, Ohio. I personally want to thank you for your contributions in helping make America what it is today. I am very proud to be living here!

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread