Ok now I'm pissed...I need some advise

POINTCOVER

Established Member
When I first purchased my Cobra, I immediately changed the exhaust. I had an 01 Cobra which had a Bassani catted X-pipe and Cat-back. So when I purchased my 03, I removed the the 01's Bassani's into the 03. No problem. Bassani said it would work.

Cars been fine until the last month or so. The "Service Engine Soon" started coming on. I checked the computer which stated a slow response from the cats. Ok...no problem...I'll get the MIL Eliminators from Dallas Mustang.

So I put them on. The "Service Engine Soon" light remained on. The computer still reads the same problem...now it gets good.

I called Dallas Mustang. They told me that I placed the Eliminators on the wrong o2 sensors. I put them on the front o2 sensors closest to the headers. MY BAD :uh oh:

So just today, I removed the eliminators from the front o2 sensors and placed them on the rear ones. Reset the computer go for a drive.....guess what....the god damn light came back on:cuss:

I'm ready to put the old H- pipe back on and say the hell with it. Any advise? What the hell am I doing wrong?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I had this problem on my other car, put the MIL's on and the check engine light still came on. I guess the sure way to do it is to turn it off via chip or predator.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
well i dunno but if your driving at night check to see if your cats are glowing. you might have clogged cats. bassanis been known to have cats go bad

Users who are viewing this thread