Ok, so next exhaust choice!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have had 4 different axle backs on my car. Started stock, obviously. then the GT500s, then resonators removed, then 3 inch X pipe installed. Tried MAC with this setup and that lasted 20 minutes. Back to GT500s until the Roush went on. Pulled the cats today and the Roush were unreal in terms of volume. So, stockers are back on. Actually, with the tune and the offroad X and no resonators, the stockers aren't bad. However, they are tinny and lack bass. So, time for a 5th axleback!

Now, I really like to be a bit different. I know the GT500s would probably rock...but sometimes you have to experiment. I am also one of those guys that will not spend $750 on mufflers. So, I am setting a budget at $500 max. I also don't want obscene volume. I am over it. I am thinking of either the JBA, the Dynomax Ultra-Flow, the Flowmaster Force II, maybe the MBRP Street. Anything else I am overlooking? Always looking for something different and cool.

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I paid 550 for my SW catback so im sure that if your looking for borla or something like that you might be able to get a good deal on it. I dispise flowcrappers so i would stay away from them. IIRC the Kooks sounded pretty good. another i considered was bassani but i heard that those and the magnaflows get some drone.

cobra1718

Established Member
Mike went down a similar path as you. I had gt500, kooks. hushpower and finally roush with and without resonators.It seems after all the different combos that the roush had the deepest tone with resonators. And as a great plus, no drone.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Mike went down a similar path as you. I had gt500, kooks. hushpower and finally roush with and without resonators.It seems after all the different combos that the roush had the deepest tone with resonators. And as a great plus, no drone.

Roush was awesome, until I pulled the cats. Then it was like a Winston Cup car. So, I have to move on.

Mike

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
Roush was awesome, until I pulled the cats. Then it was like a Winston Cup car. So, I have to move on.

Mike

did you run the roush with the resonators removed and the off road X pipe?

how did the sound change in terms of deepness, raspiness and the popping on deceleration?

I say give the magnaflow competition catback a try or the street axleback from magnaflow or MBRP

Turbo900rr

Established Member
I'm thinking since you go though exhausts like tiger woods does girlfriends. Stick to used and just buy used and sell it and try something else. Unless you have tigers money....

MYFSTSVT99L

Ingot 2012
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqzXvCbeGo8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2012 Mustang 5.0 - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynl1jNXSIJQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Mustang 5.0 - YouTube[/nomedia]
Flowmaster Outlaws, but I still have the cats and resonators.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
did you run the roush with the resonators removed and the off road X pipe?

how did the sound change in terms of deepness, raspiness and the popping on deceleration?

I say give the magnaflow competition catback a try or the street axleback from magnaflow or MBRP

I never had the resonators on with the Roush. I asked my exhaust guy to weld them back in once I heard it with the offroad X, but he refused. LOL. He told me to enjoy it over the weekend and come back on Monday. I could not "enjoy it" for a single day. Not only was it loud, but it was so loud that is caused harmonic vibrations in the back of the car that sounded terrible both inside and out. Now, under WOT it did sound amazing. However, it was not possible to drive around under normal conditions. It was good for the track only.

What about the Borla S type's that are in the Market section? Those might sound good?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/exhaust-390/824857-borla-s-type-axle-back.html

Or maybe even these Corsa Extreme's?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-12-corsa-extremes-maggie-x-w-high-flows.html

They may. I would only consider these expensive mufflers used. I won't spend over $500 unless the pipes are carried down from Mt. Sinai by Smokey Yunik and presented to me personally. LOL.

Magnaflow streets sound great

Do you have them, they interest me. They are a bit pricey though.

U can hear my outlaws if u like since u aren't that far from me

Too loud. They are Roush loud.

I'm thinking since you go though exhausts like tiger woods does girlfriends. Stick to used and just buy used and sell it and try something else. Unless you have tigers money....

Good plan. I certainly can't claim Tiger's bucks. LOL.

2012 Mustang 5.0 - YouTube

Mustang 5.0 - YouTube
Flowmaster Outlaws, but I still have the cats and resonators.

Those would be just as bad as the Roush with no cats and resonators.

Mike

dynasty_365

Established Member
Guy on here name Melvo has the bassani and he is about to do an offroad x pipe. U should hit him up to see how is sound. He still has resonators though. Resonator deleted makes it louder but gives a little more bass I like that. I just wish I could figure out a way to refine the sound of my outlaws without increasing the sound. I wanna do an x or h but mannn I don't need them any louder.

And I shitted on a guys roush exhaust the other day at the ford dealership

dynasty_365

Established Member
Try the American thunder. The videos I heard online of those with no cats and resonators removed sound damn good. I think chambered mufflers probably go best with resonator deletes since they hold the sound better than straight through exhaust.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
And I shitted on a guys roush exhaust the other day at the ford dealership

LOL. Dude, your car would have sh*t itself and then run home if I pulled up next to you with those freakin' Roush on yesterday. I like the Outlaws, but you cannot imagine the level of ferocity and anger that the Roush with no cats and no resonators was pumping out. It was offensive, seriously offensive. :beer:

Mike

dynasty_365

Established Member
Lol man im scared to do an offroad pipe on mine.

I will tell u that I was with stripperpolef150 the other day and he has the borla s types and they sound damn good. He has an offroad x. It's about as loud as mine but his sound is so refined and smooth

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Lol man im scared to do an offroad pipe on mine.

I will tell u that I was with stripperpolef150 the other day and he has the borla s types and they sound damn good. He has an offroad x. It's about as loud as mine but his sound is so refined and smooth

You will ditch the Outlaws if you get an offroad Mid.

It is a funny transition. Get the car and stock it is quiet as hell. Continue to ratchet up the exhaust level until you get to offroad mid pipe. Then, start looking for the best quiet mufflers you can find.

It is a whole different level when you ditch those cats. I am almost 42, but I have no fear of loud exhaust. However, this was obscene. My 14 year old loved it though. ;-)

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread