Ok, stupid question.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
So today as I was driving down the road I noticed a slight pull to the right, thought it was some torque steer so I engaged the the cruise control 60mph but it always pulled to the right not much mind you but enough for me to notice it. My question is is this normal for a FWD car as I've never actually owned one before and not sure if I should take it in for it or not.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Most roads are crowned slightly and if you are on a two lane road or a 4 lane in the right hand lane, then the car would have a tendency to move ever so slightly to the right. This may be what you were experiencing.

TRBO VNM

Yeah, it depends. Typically torq steer you will feel when you are giving it throttle and usually when it is a considerable amount of throttle. Steering is strange when cruising and something you have to get used to. I notice that when I try to adjust sometimes the car steers a little more than I want and I have to correct it. It isn't as bad now and I have learned to drive around it. Almost like it is too sensitive.

So, not sure what you are feeling, but if it is odd compared to how it has been, take it in. I would probably give it a few days and see if it continues.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
That was a stupid question :p haha. Nah like others have said, with alot of roads being crowned and a wider tire on the ST's Im sure some pulling is to be expected.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
The steering in these cars are stupid senstive (to me anyways) but after a few times driving it you get use to it.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Some owners on the ST.org board have reported steeting issues at 65 mph on the interstate. They have to continuously correct the wheel to maintain line and have read it can be nerve racking is riding along a semi truck or along a concrete barrier in construction. Is this what you have?

Users who are viewing this thread