OK, time has come to order, X plan question....

Driver72

Established Member
I made a PIN request on Blue Oval Forums, but not sure how long it takes to get a PIN request or even IF you get a PIN from that site.

Is there an official Ford site that allows me to see or find out if one of my employers qualifies for the X plan pricing and if so, if there is a faster way to get the X Plan PIN.

Any help would be appreciated.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I made a PIN request on Blue Oval Forums, but not sure how long it takes to get a PIN request or even IF you get a PIN from that site.

Is there an official Ford site that allows me to see or find out if one of my employers qualifies for the X plan pricing and if so, if there is a faster way to get the X Plan PIN.

Any help would be appreciated.

You don't need the pin to order the car, and I would not recommend getting a pin from Blue Oval before ordering. I believe that they state pins are only valid for 30-60 days.

Who are you employed by, as maybe some on here can help identify.

wazslow

Established Member
Can anyone use an "X" plan pin? I can get one from my mother in law, but it appears that you need to live in the same household to use the pin and take advantage of the plan. Is this correct?

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
You don't need the pin to order the car, and I would not recommend getting a pin from Blue Oval before ordering. I believe that they state pins are only valid for 30-60 days.

IIRC they are good for 60 days.

My local dealer will offer me invoice on any ordered 5.0.
Xplan is only 1% over invoice. He says the extra paper work is a PITA.
Bottom line invoice is the same as xplan because the destination charge is not reduced without xplan so the invoice deal basically sells it for the same price.
Ask your sales guy if he can do invoice if you order a car. :beer:

chrisheltra

Established Member

X-plan pins are good for up to a year

I believe I already told you this but if you really want one you need to go fishing. I would suggest posting about it in Road Side Pub rather than this section because it get more traffic.

Can anyone use an "X" plan pin? I can get one from my mother in law, but it appears that you need to live in the same household to use the pin and take advantage of the plan. Is this correct?

That is not accurate its written that way but I got a pin from someone on this board who I didn't know from Adam before we talked. He gave me a pin and I was able to use it for my purchase.

Last edited:

project_pegasus

Established Member
IIRC they are good for 60 days.

My local dealer will offer me invoice on any ordered 5.0.
Xplan is only 1% over invoice. He says the extra paper work is a PITA.
Bottom line invoice is the same as xplan because the destination charge is not reduced without xplan so the invoice deal basically sells it for the same price.
Ask your sales guy if he can do invoice if you order a car. :beer:

i dont blame him the paper work is a PITA lol but i dont do that sorta work no more thank god. to stressful good money but health risks at my age for a job aint worth it. to young to have such thin lining lol

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
A fast easy way to get one is by joining the Mustang Club of America, but it will cost you $50, but you get all the other advantages of having the membership.

The pins are good for one year, and like it was said before, you don't need it at the time or ordering.

Driver72

Established Member
Thanks all.
I'm thinking the easiest way for me is to just join the Mustang Club of America.

Once you join, how do you go about getting the X plan PIN and how "quickly" do you get it?

Thanks

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Details???

They offer a car buying service that gives you a guaranteed, no haggle price on a car. Currently a base GT in VA is listed at $28.5k, which is about $500 under invoice.

USAA Autos | New Car Pricing

but you have to be military

They've recently changed it. You still have to be military, or have some military affiliation (family member, etc.), to get auto/home insurance, but they've opened up their banking side to everyone. That includes their car buying service. :thumbsup:

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils...gibility_main&wa_ref=wcu_main_is_usaa_for_you

Driver72

Established Member
bad425rt you the man!!

I just joined the USAA site and got a member number.
With their new car buying program to get the car and options I selected the price is $50 under invoice.
Not quite the $500 you listed for a base GT, but still anytime you can get a brand new car that just came out for UNDER invoice, it's a major bonus.

To top it all off USAA offers financing at 3.79% too.

Nice find and thanks for passing on the info.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
bad425rt you the man!!

I just joined the USAA site and got a member number.
With their new car buying program to get the car and options I selected the price is $50 under invoice.
Not quite the $500 you listed for a base GT, but still anytime you can get a brand new car that just came out for UNDER invoice, it's a major bonus.

To top it all off USAA offers financing at 3.79% too.

Nice find and thanks for passing on the info.

Glad I could help. :beer:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
i dont blame him the paper work is a PITA lol but i dont do that sorta work no more thank god. to stressful good money but health risks at my age for a job aint worth it. to young to have such thin lining lol

There is not any extra paperwork for a salesman to fill out for Xplan. In F&I, there is a few additional but nothing time consuming.

I disagree with the above mention of same as invoice, as the Dealer Doc fee is limited to $75 with the Xplan, and in some cases can as high as $500+. Also, with the use of a Xplan, there sometimes is specific "Xplan Cash" or "AZXD Plan Cash" that is available in combination with other rebates. This most likely is not the case in the 11' mustang, but futhers my arguement. Lastly, you will have to haggle, negotiate, deal with managers.....etc to get the invoice price, or you could simply walk in and get Xplan?

For the other question using Xplan within the house: Yes and No.

There are actually Two different Xplans:

Friends and Neighbors is generated by a Ford Employee retired or current that has the ability to distribute/generate pins. This pin must be generated in the name of the Buyer.

The other Xplan Partners is offered from Ford because your employer is enrolled in a participating program. The pin number can be generated in the spouse of the employee within the same household.

Users who are viewing this thread