Ok,.........UNCLE!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
WorkHorse09 said:
"Much" higher price category? I think not. Except for the SRT's, there is not a single other car that GM makes (or any other car maker for that matter) that can come as close to the GT500 in it's price range that is meant to do the same thing....go fast....

Unless you're packing on every single option the C6 can possibly have, but base MSRP to base MSRP, they are as close as you can come....

hows that again? srt is not made by gm. its produced by daimler chysler and these cars are about the same price, about the same weight with less horsepower.
gm makes the corvette which is in the same price catagory. base c6 is 43 the exact same as the base gt500. are you not calling the tahoe/yukon cars either? because they are also in the same price catagory. maybe you meant to say gm's nice cars and trucks cost 40 and up and thier cheap cars dont. :rockon:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Jpjr said:
what numbers is he referring to? i just read the car and driver article on an airplane and thought it was pretty embarrassing that the shelby lost to the base corvette in its initial comparison. usually they give props to the new car just because its new..?

how long have you been reading car and driver? they have not given props to any mustang since 1968. why should they start now? :beer:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
You cant help but compare the Vette to the Shelby. Cost, power and status.
I'll say this though. Who's going to be your competetion on the streets? You know the Vete will be like it or not.
What other pony is out there to compare it to? So many Cobra owners like beating up on the Evo's, SRT-4s and STIs but I dont consider them in the same category as a Cobra.

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Broken Rod through the block. FYI, this is not something that I am guessing at.

Which is pretty much what we expected, knowing the limit of the stock rods, right? In other words, if you plan to crank the boost to put you over 600rw (or was that 650?), you need to rebuild with better internals.

So that crank snout problem really was with the GT500 and not an early GT? There's so much (mis)information in here, somtimes it's hard to keep it all straight...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Over 600 would be a suggested time to do some beefing up of the Rods. That would also be an ideal time for a cam swap as well. The rod may hold up past the 600 mark, but for any long durration of time things could get sketchy.

-Jef

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
eichisama said:
W

So that crank snout problem really was with the GT500 and not an early GT? There's so much (mis)information in here, somtimes it's hard to keep it all straight...

It was a machining/design issue with some of the pre-production units. The Ford GT had a Crank problem as well, but it was a different issue all together.

Users who are viewing this thread