Ok,.........UNCLE!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I give. I like it. The more I read the more I like. I'll never sell my beast but I hope to attain an 08/09.
When you consider what SVT is all about it sounds like they've done a pretty good job. I'm still not happy with the weight or price like everyone else but you can't argue with the initial numbers, ...and you know they'll only get better. Cant wait to see one with loppy cams, 20# of boost, spray, bad ass rims and lowered suspension. Theres so much potential considering its like having a Ford GT with 2 more seats! :beer:

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
I give. I like it. The more I read the more I like. I'll never sell my beast but I hope to attain an 08/09.
When you consider what SVT is all about it sounds like they've done a pretty good job. I'm still not happy with the weight or price like everyone else but you can't argue with the initial numbers, ...and you know they'll only get better. Cant wait to see one with loppy cams, 20# of boost, spray, bad ass rims and lowered suspension. Theres so much potential considering its like having a Ford GT with 2 more seats! :beer:

Yeah!!! A believer!!! Good for you, really.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
I couldn't agree more. One of the biggest things about this car is potential. We'll find a way to unock power and get it to the ground. This car is gonna smoke. Now we just need the market to settle down.

Tank5879

Established Member
Dudes, Im another terminator owner that gives this car props...I was all about it, but decided to buy a terminator now and maybe a shelby later...Im very interested to see what can happen. Hopefully these babies will be a steal someday much like used terminators are now!! I agree with 04MystiCobra ENTIRELY!!!

Jpjr

Established Member
what numbers is he referring to? i just read the car and driver article on an airplane and thought it was pretty embarrassing that the shelby lost to the base corvette in its initial comparison. usually they give props to the new car just because its new..?

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Jpjr said:
what numbers is he referring to? i just read the car and driver article on an airplane and thought it was pretty embarrassing that the shelby lost to the base corvette in its initial comparison. usually they give props to the new car just because its new..?

How many mainstream car magazines have you seen that like Fords?

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
TORQUERULES said:
How many mainstream car magazines have you seen that like Fords?
I can admit this is a true statment. I remember numerous articles that constantly :burn: Fords !! I might not buy a Shelby Gt500 but i will say the car has 500-plus h.p. so i guess it can't be all that bad !! :beer: Too those who purchase one happy hunting :rockon:

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
04MystiCobra said:

I can tell you exactly what 20psi will do. But your not going to like it.
And that is with a Twin Screw swapped on.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Broken Rod through the block. FYI, this is not something that I am guessing at.

-Jeff

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Jpjr said:

Ok, for the 65,000th time;

THE SHELBY IS NOT MEANT TO COMPETE WITH THE CORVETTE WHICH IS A TWO SEATER SPORTS CAR IN A MUCH HIGHER PRICE CATEGORY?!!?!?!??!?!?

Jeeze, will you guys EVAR get it!??!! :bash:

PS Now I feel much better. :-D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
HISSMAN said:
Broken Rod through the block. FYI, this is not something that I am guessing at.

-Jeff

You forgot to add the melted pistons, snapped crank, broken trans and busted differential?!?! :rollseyes

Squeeler92

ac427cobra said:

THE SHELBY IS NOT MEANT TO COMPETE WITH THE CORVETTE WHICH IS A TWO SEATER SPORTS CAR IN A MUCH HIGHER PRICE CATEGORY?!!?!?!??!?!?

"Much" higher price category? I think not. Except for the SRT's, there is not a single other car that GM makes (or any other car maker for that matter) that can come as close to the GT500 in it's price range that is meant to do the same thing....go fast....

Unless you're packing on every single option the C6 can possibly have, but base MSRP to base MSRP, they are as close as you can come....

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The broken crank problem, which is something I knew about and told Fourcam330 through PM's nearly one month before anyone had ever published it has been solved. I know nothing of any problems related to what you are speaking of.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ac427cobra said:

+1 :beer:
Some people just don't get it. :kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread