OK which car is actually faster The 03/04 Mach or the 05 GT?

Formula51

Established Member
True, bench racing is pretty useless. But, Fastball, I think you are severally mistaken about the 05' GT times. I have not seen ANY Credible mid-low 13 second runs in a stock 05'GT. We are talking at a real dragstrip with a full timeslip to prove it. There just haven been any yet. Dont go by Motortrend either. Likely that test was run at an abandoned airport somewhere. Hence, magazine are useless for the most part. Best FULLY VALIDATED run I have seen is a [email protected] on stock tires at a real track.

We can essentially say the Mach is FASTER as it consistantly averages a higher trap speed than the 05'GT. 103-106mph for the Mach and about 99-102mph.

If you have serious proof, like a picture of a timeslip, of a low 13 second 05'GT, please post it. I have yet to seen one anywhere. There have been lots of claims, none of them backed up when push came to shuve.

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
OCSnk said:
Get a Life, this is high school crap :nono: :cuss: :lol: :lol: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :fm: :fm: :fm: :cuss: :fm: :fm: :whine: :dw: :dw: :D :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :beer: :burn: :burn: :burn: :sleeping: :bowdown: :banana: :bored: :coolman: :poke: :poke: :lol1: :fart: :fart: :nonono: :) :rockon: :rockon: :nono: :nono: :loser: :cryying: :cuss: :lol: :thumbsup: :shrug: :burn: :burn: :burn: :xpl: :xpl: :dw: :dw: :dw: :kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom: :wf: :wf: :D :D :D :beer: :beer: :bash: :bash: :rolleyes: :D :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: :wf: Next subject :shrug:

This is the best post in the thread. :beer:

Sapperstang

Established Member
jwfisher said:
Who cares about a couple of tenths, if even that?

The SN95 will start squeking at 10,000 miles, and sound like it's got 50,000 miles at only 20,000 miles. The rear lower control arm bushings will also be worn out then, and the axle will move 2" side-to-side on a road course.

By 20k miles, your lower back will be worn out by the cheap seats, your neck will be permanently chafed by the terrible (and non-adjustable) seat belt, your battery will have dropped dead, and driveline lash will make regular driving a reminder how out-dated the poor old thing is.

By 30k miles, you'll have spent a lot of money on better gears, better shifter, springs, shocks, re-aligning the pinion angle, real wheels and tires, a better exhaust. And you'll still owe probably 20k on a car that is then worth less.

But, we love 'em.

-Jeff

Hmmm my last car didnt do any of those things (03GT) Except the seats did suck. It had 35K on it. The Machs have very nice seats BTW.

Formula51

Established Member
fastball19 said:
The 05 GT's are in the same boat they run mid 13's with a avg joe driving and low 13's with a good driver .

Can you please show me anything at all credible to backup your statement.

Low 13: 13.0-13.3
Mid 13: 13.3-13.6
High 13: 13.6-13.9

I have seen some mid/high 13's (13.6x) by owners with minimal track experience. I have yet to see any proven mid 13's. JDM claims 13.4 stock and they seam to be pretty rebutable in the Mustang Community from what I hear. This was with a VERY EXPERIENCED driver and in the North at sea-level in November air. There hasn't even been mention of low 13's stock, that I am aware of.

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
Sapperstang said:
Mach at 13.8????? WTF? See sig for STOCK times. Many, many Machs running similar times or faster stock.

He doesn't want his Cobra to be slower than a Mach 1 :D

LOL.

j/k

Last edited:

Tomcat427

Established Member
Mach Daddy said:

This is the best post in the thread. :beer:

Just seeing your sig is the best part of the thread. :bowdown:

Tomcat427

Established Member
Actually, I just drove an 05 GT around for a while yesterday. I was very impressed with the handling and feel of the car. I did not get on it since I was not going to buy the car. I just don't like the looks of it. I sure some people will get into the low 13's, after all they are rated at 300hp right? There is one thing that excites me about the car. I know several people that are considering a Mustang, that have not in the past.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Yep..that is a good thing for Ford. Alot of non Mustang Buyers are going to be buying this car...of all ages.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Until they get rid of/fix the problem with the '05 computer CLOSING the throttle body as the car approaches redline, which causes a major bog during power shifts, ain't no way that car is going to be beating any Mach 1's! Once the computer is reflashed to get that kink out, then all bets are off, stock for stock. Once the mods start, I think the 4V has the advantage over the 3V in the heavier car. That's my $.02 on the subject.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I agree....the Mach 1 will always win...its just common sense..more power...less weight..equals faster car.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Can you please show me anything at all credible to backup your statement.

Low 13: 13.0-13.3
Mid 13: 13.3-13.6
High 13: 13.6-13.9

I have seen some mid/high 13's (13.6x) by owners with minimal track experience. I have yet to see any proven mid 13's. JDM claims 13.4 stock and they seam to be pretty rebutable in the Mustang Community from what I hear. This was with a VERY EXPERIENCED driver and in the North at sea-level in November air. There hasn't even been mention of low 13's stock, that I am aware of.

Give it time. The 05s have only been out a few weeks. Keep in mind, that the average person that purchases this car is usually not an experienced drag racer. I have yet to see one race at our local track. I've only seen 2 on road.

bryanzstang

Established Member
Formula51 said:
True, bench racing is pretty useless. But, Fastball, I think you are severally mistaken about the 05' GT times. I have not seen ANY Credible mid-low 13 second runs in a stock 05'GT. We are talking at a real dragstrip with a full timeslip to prove it. There just haven been any yet. Dont go by Motortrend either. Likely that test was run at an abandoned airport somewhere. Hence, magazine are useless for the most part. Best FULLY VALIDATED run I have seen is a [email protected] on stock tires at a real track.

We can essentially say the Mach is FASTER as it consistantly averages a higher trap speed than the 05'GT. 103-106mph for the Mach and about 99-102mph.

If you have serious proof, like a picture of a timeslip, of a low 13 second 05'GT, please post it. I have yet to seen one anywhere. There have been lots of claims, none of them backed up when push came to shuve.
check these time slips from my bone stock 05 gt. go to the 05 gt forum at stangnet. [email protected] with 1.87 sixty on stock tires

Formula51

Established Member
Hey Bryan, are you the guy with the white GT? I have been following your progress pretty closely. That 13.35 is absolutely amazing man! Amazing! At 3750lb race weight and about 265 rwhp that is just incredible. My hats off to you man, congragulations. And keep us posted if you get her even faster. :rolling:

Any mods planned over the winter? I would love to see what it takes to run 12's with a GT on the stock tires.

bryanzstang

Established Member
thats me , i tried a new track in valdosta ga . the track is awesome. i dont plan on doing anything until after i run the car in the cold jan air, i want to see just how fast it will go stock. i sold my 04 cobra and kinda bought the gt on a spur of the moment deal, i got the first gt in the southeast. i miss the power of my cobra . it ran 11.9 on the stock f1,s. might go with a whipple for the 05. when the new cobra comes out in this body style it is going to be the best mustang ever.

Formula51

Established Member
Where's Valdosta? Lower state? Im in Clemson, SC and used to race at Commerce, GA some before I was forced to sell my car.

It sounds like you are a pretty experienced drag racer. That 11.9 is incredible, was that completely stock? The fastest 100% stock Cobra I have heard about was in the 12.4 range I think.

Before the whipple, please do some small mods, like exhaust and headers and see if you can get that high 12. That would be pretty cool to see. Any chance you can get us some video of a run? I want to see one of these cars really gettin it!

bryanzstang

Established Member
no , my cobra made 460 to the tires,with pulley, exhaust,chip,t-body.it went 12.51 stock . i ran it on et streets once and it ran 11.40@122

Formula51

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Before the whipple, please do some small mods, like exhaust and headers and see if you can get that high 12. That would be pretty cool to see. Any chance you can get us some video of a run? I want to see one of these cars really gettin it!

Any chance????? PLEASE!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread