Okay, I got some questions.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
This just happened this afternoon. I was on the road and an '03 GT pulls up. It looked stock, but it didn't have a tame exhaust so my first impression was minor bolt ons. He wanted to run so I gladly obliged.

We went from 45, I started in 2nd. I stopped pulling at about 120. But, I didn't put as much on him as I had expected. So, we ran again with the same results - me by about 2.5-3 lengths.

Now what I'm not understanding is this: We both pulled over and chatted for a second. He said he was all stock except for a K&N drop-in filter. He was also an auto. Even so, this didn't add up. Every other GT I've raced I put bus lengths on it seemed like. For example: Last one was an '08 GT, auto, o/r x, stingers, CAI. I would honestly say I put about 6-8 lengths on him from 40-120.

I never looked under his hood because he said he was in a hurry and he was out of gas. After he left I kept on thinking "He's gotta be hiding something." I know he wasn't spraying. Any guesses?

blkvenm97

Established Member
mods on your mach? do you only have the sct or what? an all stock auto gt you should rape....more than what you did he's gotta be hiding something...even if you do only have the sct it should have been 5 cars minimum in my oppinion

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
mods on your mach? do you only have the sct or what? an all stock auto gt you should rape....more than what you did he's gotta be hiding something...even if you do only have the sct it should have been 5 cars minimum in my oppinion

Shit I always forget to put my mods. My only go-fast mods are a K&N drop-in, SCT tune, and an MGW short throw.

You're right, I should have absolutely dusted him. Even though I do consider 3 lengths a pretty good length to win by, but its just bugging me because if he's all stock like he said it should have been much more than just 3. Could it be something up with my car?

clc44

Established Member
He may have has gears which would help. I ran a buddies 02 GT with almost full bolt ons vs my Mach with shifter and o/r x (untuned) both 5 spd and I only put 1 car on him.

I sold my Mach and have considered getting a 99-04 GT Auto and doing some sneaky mods to catch some people off guard lol. Maybe you'll run into him again.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
He may have has gears which would help. I ran a buddies 02 GT with almost full bolt ons vs my Mach with shifter and o/r x (untuned) both 5 spd and I only put 1 car on him.

I sold my Mach and have considered getting a 99-04 GT Auto and doing some sneaky mods to catch some people off guard lol. Maybe you'll run into him again.

I don't think he was geared. After we raced the road was straight and wide open so we both got on it and I didn't let off till about 145. After I let off there was still a lot of open road left so I just let it engine brake and let the wind slow me down. When I came down to about 120 or so he flew by me and I'd say he had to have been doing at least 140.

4valved

Banned
find him and run him again idk what you want us to say, how are we suppose to know shit happens on the streets sounds to me like your trying to find an excuse lmfao

SS EATR

Established Member
He could just have a strong running car, my brother's 03 GT auto with intake, x pipe, cat back, and tune ran a 13.7 in the 1/4. I had the exact same mods as you when I had my mach and that's about what I would beat him by, and he has beaten a few other local 2v cars by a couple lengths

blkvenm97

Established Member
He could just have a strong running car, my brother's 03 GT auto with intake, x pipe, cat back, and tune ran a 13.7 in the 1/4. I had the exact same mods as you when I had my mach and that's about what I would beat him by, and he has beaten a few other local 2v cars by a couple lengths

I would think even though that isn't a lot of mods that it would derfinately effect the outcome of a race. if the GT op raced had these mods I could understand the 3 car win for the mach. He's saying it was bone stock outside of a k&n filter...which doesn't make sense to me either

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Well the 5spd GT do run 14.0, the auto like mid 14s?
He might have had a little more mods like pulleys and tune. Have you ran your mach at the track? For reference I recently lined up with a new edge GT and Mach 1. The mach with intake exhaust put 3+ cars on the GT and I put about 5-6 on the GT. I think the GT was an auto as well.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Sounds about right if you ask me. 3-4 cars with your mods on a 2V GT is good if he is completely stock.

I have heavy doubts you putting 8 car lengths on a bolt-on 08 GT though, good Friday chuckle :)

4valved

Banned
Sounds about right if you ask me. 3-4 cars with your mods on a 2V GT is good if he is completely stock.

I have heavy doubts you putting 8 car lengths on a bolt-on 08 GT though, good Friday chuckle :)

Was thinking the same thing it amazes me how many people exaggerate car lenghts.

Op- bottom line is you'll never know.

And machs are badass but if he had full exhaust and gears you wouldnt pull by much

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member

8 lengths is no exaggeration.

4valved

Banned
Then that 3v owner has no right driving that car or his car has some issues.

He shouldve beaten you or it shouldve been a really close race.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member

+1.....I had an 06 GT with tune and CAI. Stock 300/320 crank torque. Not sure how a bolt-on MACH would put 8 lengths with near equal HP.

08 driver quit or completely suxs at driving?

clc44

Established Member
Some cars run better than others. Get yours to a track and see what it puts down. His car just seems to run well. Maybe you'll run into him again.

Users who are viewing this thread