Oklahoma Tornado Donation

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I know some people might not know or care about this, but It was the worst tornado ever on Earth. Literally flattened miles and miles of homes, schools, businesses, etc.

If you want to donate, please text REDCROSS to 90999. It will be taken out of your bill.

Hopefully I'm allowed to post something like this. If not, please take it down mods & sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks everyone! :bowdown:

Last edited:

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Yeah, I've been in Moore all day helping out as much as I can and I can't describe the devastation this tornado has caused. Entire housing developments have been wiped out including their foundation slabs. I've seen 2000lb bombs in Iraq not do the same. It's been absolutely terrible helping with the search and rescue and then that went awry because of all the natural gas leaks in the area. :(

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
[youtube_browser]sLVpnFHfJ8s[/youtube_browser]

The video description is wrong, they've been calling this an EF-5 all evening and said it caused about 3 times the destruction of the May 3, 1999 tornado that hit the same area. The base was a mile and a quarter at it's biggest with a 2 mile wide debris ball.

str3ck

Established Member
if anyone decides to donate, just please do your homework first. in times like this, there WILL be scammers.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
i wouldnt mind donating.....but according to yahoo, there have been over 1000 sites registered just this morning with references to tornado victims aid, and they are scams.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Well the 2 I've posted are down here right now so I don't think they're scams. That's crazy though! How can you see what sites have registered, etc? Just incredible how people can be so shallow. I heard people came in and were looting in Moore, but supposedly some were arrested.

Last edited:

2011roush

Established Member
The Red Cross is not a scam. If your really want to help donate to them. It's safe, secure, and goes to a good cause

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Yup! Great guy

- KD donated 1M.
- Chesapeake donated 1M
- Devon just donated 2.5M
- Thabo Sefalosha & Perkins are out on site volunteering right now from what I hear
- Robin Ventura, Toby Keith, Bill Self and plenty of others from Oklahoma have also donated I believe

That's the state this is. Everyone pitches in type of thing. There was a line miles long last night of people in their cars waiting to donate clothes, food, drinks, etc. They hadn't even opened the doors yet for donations and they said they'd already have enough to fill truck loads!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Watching the videos of the aftermath is just heartbreaking. That crap literally had me in tears when people were going back after it passed. I can't imagine it and I can only hope for the best of those who were affected by it.

Users who are viewing this thread