Old Lightning Concept

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
I was sitting around, looking at the Gen III concept lightning and wondering what will make it to production (that is, if it ever does become production). I was looking at the 22"s, the 8" square exhaust tips, tonneau, roll pan, ram air hood, and couldn't help but hope the keep some stuff, get rid of some, and totally change some.

Then I got to thinking about the Gen II Lightnings, and what they might have looked like during their concept stages. Does anyone remember what their concept looked like? Was there even a concept? Anyone have a pics? Thought it would be cool to see the evolution from concept to production.

UVa SVT

Established Member
They actually did have a pre-production prototype. it wasn't nearrrrrrly as highly hyped as the current one.

it'll take a little research to find the pics tho---time that I don't have

if you have time, it'd be interesting to search out the other lightning concept they had, based on the ranger.

-Mike

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Pretty sure hes talking about this concept..
Lightning_SVT_Concept03-3.jpg

lightning5.jpg

Lightning_SVT_Concept03-5.jpg

lightning4.jpg

Last edited:

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
Did the 06' Concept have stock 22's? Did it also use a whipple blower? Looks like it enters from the back, maybe that is where they claim the 500hp

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
He said gen 2 concept, the ranger was in 02 and the L rod in 01. Seaches produce nothing on google and SVT doesn't have anything on thier website so I don't know if there was one or not.

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
Fuelonempty - No, that was the Gen III concept. I was hoping to find some pics of the Gen II concept (our trucks). I had seen the ones of the Lightning Rod, but I didn't know if that was our concept our not. I will keep scouring the net in hopes to find something.

After reading that spec sheet on the Lightning Bolt Ranger - wow :-D That thing would have been a beast. Running the same engine in a light Ranger, jesus. With 12.5" wheels in the back. And they estimated 12.8 in the 1/4 mile. Man....that would have been cool. I wouldn't want to trade my L for anything, but that would have still been bad ass. :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread