Old pics and videos of my first 2 rides

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Found some old 8mm tape and some pics of my first rides. I have tons more pics but didn't upload them. The '65 mustang coupe I bought when I was 15 from money I had saved up farming when I was 12. Bought for $750 when my dad and I arrive to take a look at it, the owner was walking down the street because the mustang left him stranded. He was asking $1250 running. It was redone, and repainted twice. Work was done by autotech guys in highschool. Probably spent about $12K on it , sold it for $5750 to a girl in Pennsylvania.

Used that money to buy me the '89 GT from a Ford tech. He had a powerdyne s/c, which I bought the mustang without it. Got me around through college, stock 302 with air silencer in place, just had Flows dumped.

Here at a local track at 3300 ft above sea level and bad DA, the mustangs were not the fastest. Think my '65 ran like 17s, and the '89 best 14.67 @ 93mph. Video has pics, startups, and car meets I use to put up here.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Lol, that video takes me back. I was doing the same thing with my 89GT in Midland TX back in 2000/01.

Even the scenery looks the same. Fun times for sure.

Still wish I had my fox body (insert image of me slapping my forehead with the palm of my hand and saying Stupid, Stupid, Stupid) Roflmao....

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Things were a lot simpler then. Every F-body and vette here was cammed because Texas Speed and Performance was here originally so there was a huge following for GM products here. We all got along pretty good. I set Friday night meets at Sonic, and yearly Get Togethers like you see on the video. Biggest GTG was about 55 cars. We would meet somewhere, get on the loop and cruise around the whole loop, then hit up 82nd street from Frankford to University and then end off at Rudy’s BBQ/Hooters. We would get some Midland peeps occasionally, one was the announcer at Penwell Dragway now Caprock.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yeah, I was recruiting for the Army back then from 99-01. My company commander was based in Lubbock. So, I would go up there for training every once in a while. I remember flying on 87 to Lubbock once I got through Lamesa LOL.

I remember there were a lot of F body guys in Midland too. I had a 125 shot on my 89GT. Used to whip up on the F Body boys back then. Until the NOS ran out LMAO!!! When the bottle was empty it was time for me to go home LOL. I used to have a blast.

It's funny because I purchased my 03 Cobra coupe out of Lubbock. Used to be a dealership there called Texas Car Guys. I bought it off their Ebay listing. One of their sales reps drove it to El Paso, then flew back to Lubbock.

This is how it looked when it was delivered in 2007. Looks a lot like that one in your video from 05........ Hmmmm LOL.
S4300010.JPG

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Yeah, I was recruiting for the Army back then from 99-01. My company commander was based in Lubbock. So, I would go up there for training every once in a while. I remember flying on 87 to Lubbock once I got through Lamesa LOL.

I remember there were a lot of F body guys in Midland too. I had a 125 shot on my 89GT. Used to whip up on the F Body boys back then. Until the NOS ran out LMAO!!! When the bottle was empty it was time for me to go home LOL. I used to have a blast.

It's funny because I purchased my 03 Cobra coupe out of Lubbock. Used to be a dealership there called Texas Car Guys. I bought it off their Ebay listing. One of their sales reps drove it to El Paso, then flew back to Lubbock.

This is how it looked when it was delivered in 2007. Looks a lot like that one in your video from 05........ Hmmmm LOL.
View attachment 1737313

Lamesa is still a shit hole

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member

View attachment 1737313
Thank you for your service!

Once you past Lamesa, you would have to watch out in Tahoka with deputies and DPS in the median. That's a nice silver Cobra! There was another member here who bought a white cobra here in Lubbock from El Paso. He and buddy drove down and picked it up, meet up to check out which was a nice cobra with parchment interior. The silver one on my video was a member on here who posted tons of racing videos back in the day in his cobra. Went by LTHL VNM on here and he later sold it. Think he went with a GTR and not sure what happened to him.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Lamesa is still a shit hole
The only thing it had back in the day was the drive in theatre when people drove all over the country to come and experience. Also experience the chihuahua sandwich there. And the Chicken Fried Steak festival where it was invented.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Thank you for your service!

Once you past Lamesa, you would have to watch out in Tahoka with deputies and DPS in the median. That's a nice silver Cobra! There was another member here who bought a white cobra here in Lubbock from El Paso. He and buddy drove down and picked it up, meet up to check out which was a nice cobra with parchment interior. The silver one on my video was a member on here who posted tons of racing videos back in the day in his cobra. Went by LTHL VNM on here and he later sold it. Think he went with a GTR and not sure what happened to him.

Thank you brother! I'm not sure of the complete back story on my car. I'm the 3rd owner. Story goes the original owner bought it, but didn't want it for whatever reason and kept complaining of a misfire issue. Dealership ended up taking the car back under the lemon law. Now there's a mark on the Carfax because of that dumbass.

I have had ZERO issues with the car. Has always ran perfect for me. However, "IF" I ever try to sell it the Carfax will show the issue because the first owner was a S#!Thead.

Oh well, I don't ever plan on selling it LOL. Funny my silver Cobra came from Lubbock and your buddies white one came from El Paso. Small world my friend.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Small world indeed. Don't get rid of her! I've contemplated it so many times and it's crazy now with all these YouTubers buying '03-04 Cobras for new content on their channels. Wife probably wouldn't mind, but the boys like it. Especially my oldest who is turning 16 this summer. So I'll have to let him drive it and try it out.

Sucks with that Carfax report, but you know what you have and had no issues in your ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread