Old SS goes down-twice

XLR8-R

Established Member
This happened about a month ago, but you guys might enjoy... Going to pick up some chinese food in the R for lunch one day. As I pull out of the dealership parking lot here comes a 67/68 Camaro SS or RS. He makes an effort to catch me and gets next to me and starts revving his engine. I give him some side exhaust action and signal him to hit it. When I hear him hit it I floor it and pull about 4 cars on him in one or two gears. He trys unsuccessfully one more time and finally gives up. The funny part is he motions for me to get up next to him again and his passenger asks me if everyone where I work drives Cobras, because he just got smoked by James, a fellow employee of mine. I imagine he was hating his car then!

Carter

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by XLR8-R
This happened about a month ago, but you guys might enjoy... Going to pick up some chinese food in the R for lunch one day. As I pull out of the dealership parking lot here comes a 67/68 Camaro SS or RS. He makes an effort to catch me and gets next to me and starts revving his engine. I give him some side exhaust action and signal him to hit it. When I hear him hit it I floor it and pull about 4 cars on him in one or two gears. He trys unsuccessfully one more time and finally gives up. The funny part is he motions for me to get up next to him again and his passenger asks me if everyone where I work drives Cobras, because he just got smoked by James, a fellow employee of mine. I imagine he was hating his car then!

Carter

did you tell him, YES, we all do.

BTW, if the camaro had the hidden headlights it was an RS, if not an SS. The odd one would be an RS/SS, I had a 67 conv, what a great car. It took two years to part it together from two cars, but worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread