Old topic new questions from a new member

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
Greetings everyone! I am new to this site and need your help concerning a 5 lug upgrade to my '93 Cobra. Somewhere on here I read a thread that talked about this subject, but never really came to a conclusion. So far converting the front isn't a problem, but the rear is because I can not find anyone (around here is Colorado) that has the right answer. I found a source that makes stock length 5 lug axles and can drill the stock rotors for 5 lug(discbrakesrus.com), but now I need to know what wheels will fit. For example, will a set of wheels form a 1997-2004 Mustang fit (17x8 or 17x9) on the rear? Thanks for your hepl1

David

svtdriven

Established Member
mine has sn95 front spindles with cobra rotors and calipers. the rear is sn95 axles and rotors with the stock 93 calipers. its wearing stock 98 cobra 17x8 wheels. This is an old pic of the car, but it gives a better idea of how well the wheels fit on the car. the car is also lowered on ford motorsport springs.
cobra6.jpg

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
Nice ride! Your front setup is exactly like mine. On your rears did you have any problems using the sn95 axles and rotors? Did the rear wheels stick out too far? From what I have read the sn95s are the same length as the 93 cobras (just drilled for 5 lug).

David

svtdriven

Established Member
actually, it looks like the fronts are slightly wider than the rear. I think the stock width is the same in the rear as the sn95. I haven't head any differently.

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
So if the 93 cobra axles are the same length as the SN95s then shouldn't the sn95 axles and rotors fit without any problems along with the 17x8 wheels? I have read that the '93 Cobra R use the sn95 axles, '93 Cobra calipers and of course the 17x18 wheels. So maybe this can work? Now has anybody tried this or know of anyone with this experience? I guess I am overly concerned because I don't feel like blowing a load of cash on the wrong parts, especially since my engine and turbo setup isn't totally complete.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Good question.

I believe the 93R brakes were the same as the regular 94+ Cobras, but don't quote me on that.

You might drop the same question in the "R" forum - I'm betting those guys could answer that...

Users who are viewing this thread