OMFG....FORD DEALER BODYSHOP HORROR!!

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
You will not believe what Im about to tell you...But I will not give the Dealer name...atleast til my car is fixed.
I brought my 03 in for a loose gasket seal on trunk spoiler.The gasket was pushed way out in two spots...on top driver side,and under spolier above tail light.
Service guy was cool, told me they'd look at it,and it was warrainty work...due to the fact of 5000 miles.After about a hour of them farting around, they realized they could'nt remove the wing...and that it should be handled by the BODYSHOP FROM HELLLL.....Dude....Man...Holly Crap.....1st numbnut was a guy who after looking at it was like....which way do I go George...durrrrr.
He calls the BodyShop mrg...lets call him Joe Weasle.Well Joe dont see me and I don't think he knew I was standing behind him.The MOFO pulls out.....Guess? Guess?.... a Freakin RAZOR BLADE.Cuts the gasket off both sides of the Wing, and tell Numbnut #1...that it would be fine without the gasket,and that even if he had to order it ...that it came only in the whole kit assembly with the wing..and Ford wouldnt let him do it.OMFG! OMFG!! are u serious.I know that weasle didnt cut my car with a razor. Yep the MOFO did in both places.....WEll lets just say i wasnt shaking cause I got Parkisons...I went in the office and told that guy....So what u think...can we order a gasket and get it swapped out?....He goes on about his kit routine and how ford wont let him do it(all without picking up 1 phone).And how it would be fine without the gasket.
Well......I said you know...that would be ok to dismiss the need of the gasket ( which in fact you do need to seal the mounting bolt from weather).But I stood there and watched you razor my car in four places.I didnt pay 35000 for some DucheBag to scratch my car..tell me I dont need a gasket and send me on my way.What you thought I was gomer plye.....durr ok, I'll take in the Azz and go home...Thanks.
So I drove to the Main branch and got the Service mrg and HR lady, and told the whole story.They couldn't believe that he did that.Well turns out you can get the gasket ,and u do need it to seal the mounting hole.There gonna touch up the paint and fix it like new.All I can say is Dude...Dont let your car out of your sight at a Ford Dealer Body Shop.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
BTDT already. I still have the scratches. My asshole tech used a screwdriver, and it was at Matthews Ford in Asheville.

As you can see, I'm not at all bashful about letting others know to stay away from that place. Grrrrrrr.

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Holly hell..!!! If I saw a razor I would have stopped him right there!
When it comes to my Snake, I'm the biggest azzhole. The hell with those monkeys at ford.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I brought my car in to have the 3M weatherstripping under the rear spoiler replaced. The body shop took off my rear spoiler, replaced the weather stripping and added some additional nuts and bolts to further secure the spoiler in place. I watched my car like a hawk and they still managed to chip my paint without me noticing till I inspected the car when they drove it out to me. Ford in general = knuckleheads. From my experience, the techs are novices and the body shop personnel even worse. Neither have any knowledge of the SVT cobras. This includes the service advisors, managers and tech foreman. Like I have stated, this is from my experience with the 4 mustangs I have owned.

SVTyballz

Established Member
Has anyone even TRIED to fix this problem themselves or am i the only one?!?!?!? The problem is that when they apply this TAPE (YES! that's all it is.........) it gets stretched in the process. After a few weeks in the sun, the glue loosens up and the tape tries to shrink back to normal size. Thus, it sometimes sticks out from under the spoiler. All you have to do is un-bolt the spoiler. pull up the tape and re-apply it without it streching. DONE. Actually very simple. You have to remember that these tech have probably worked on as many of those spoilers as you have. So you might as well do it yourself. My 2 centz

PS: i know you paid XX amount of money for this car and you want Ford to take care of the issues...................but i look at it like this: I paid XX amount of dollars for this car, who will take better care of it while working on it than me. When i needed a window motor replaced, i took the door panel off so all the guy had to do was remove the old one and replace it. Of course, the stealership knew this in advance. I took it home and finished it. That way, no clips or fasteners were damaged and everything went back together like new. I realize that isn't the norm, but thats how i choose to handle things.

gary

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I fixed mine myself...no way in hell I was taking the car in for a piece of double-sided tape. I learned my lesson the hard way about a year ago...warranty work often means more headaches than you started with.

03cobra#116

Established Member
The best fix -- order the car without a spoiler.

The convertibles look best without them, one clean flat composite trunk lid.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobra#116
The best fix -- order the car without a spoiler.

The convertibles look best without them, one clean flat composite trunk lid.

True, but the spoiler does add to the car. I am not that mechanically inclined so I didn't feel comfy doing the weather striping myself. Taking the spolier off was something I didn't want to tackle.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Well the bodyshop has my car, they have to order a new spoiler for it cause the original was cross threaded they say. Didnt have the gasket problem, but I have only had the car for 2 weeks. There was some blemishes in the factory paint....which sucks..........

Rick

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
same as what svtyballz and racerat said, a couple of nuts to loosen the spoiler and then gently push the tape back under. Quick fix in less than 10 minutes, look at how it is assembled, not too difficult.

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz
Has anyone even TRIED to fix this problem themselves or am i the only one?!?!?!? You have to remember that these tech have probably worked on as many of those spoilers as you have. So you might as well do it yourself. My 2 centz

PS: i know you paid XX amount of money for this car and you want Ford to take care of the issues...................but i look at it like this: I paid XX amount of dollars for this car, who will take better care of it while working on it than me. gary

Exactly! I dont understand why you would take the chance on a small thing like that and just not do it yourself. I dont care if they've done hundreds of 03 Cobra's rear spoiler gaskets they still wouldnt take as good of care of my car and do as good of a job than i would with something that simple.

Users who are viewing this thread