OMG-$10,000 mark up on 03 in Irvine, CA

MacMan

Established Member
Looking hard for a good deal on an 03. Really strugglin here in sunny California. Most dealerships are asking a $5000 mark up... and you can forget the X-plan. Found a Mineral Grey one today with a $10,000 mark up. :p

The sticker in the window said "demand markup, $10,000."

Kind a makes me ill. :xpl:

-Chris

2003 Cobra

Established Member
Check out Barber Ford. They are selling the 03 Cobras at MSRP less $250.00 for the internet discount. It's a little drive from Irvine but definitely worth the $ savings.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Mine had the $10K markup.. Paid 34,750 (MSRP). Does not hurt to ask nor compare. When I told them that every other dealer was around MSRP, they said pick anyone we have (3 available) for MSRP. SOLD!

ho779

Established Member
Originally posted by Fast03Cobra
Mine had the $10K markup.. Paid 34,750 (MSRP). Does not hurt to ask nor compare. When I told them that every other dealer was around MSRP, they said pick anyone we have (3 available) for MSRP. SOLD!

I have the same story... 10k markup, told them every other dealer was around MSRP. Bought the only one they had left... Black coupe. Its all about negotiating. :thumbsup:

C_Record

Established Member
It's either sticker or a big markup, apparently there's no inbetween. I just turned down a black coupe last week(originally $1k over but could have gotten for sticker) because it had the rear tires smoked. I ordered one back in May but cancelled. It came in about a week ago and thought I'd take a look. Glad I cancelled because the tires were smoked on that one too. And to top that off, they want $5k over. Strange how both cars had about 15 miles on them(not put on at their respective dealerships). Wonder if there is any significance in that. One sales manager said I'll never find one at MSRP. Little does he know.

Users who are viewing this thread