!!!!!!!!!!!omg huge issue!!!!!!!!!!!

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Ahhh forgot he is quite a bit lower than I was. Shag do you have any pics of the ride height with your race wheels??? You lower than this??

NewTruckPics002.jpg

NewTruckPics004.jpg

Intercooler pulling timing video by fuzzielightning - Photobucket

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
LOL I was wondering how long someone would rag on my filter.

come on guys I did extensive bench flow testing, and that filter is good for another 15hp and 30 TQ. This kid down the street from me even confirmed it on his Honda civic.

O.K. back to reality, lol.

My JLP Ram air kit and box wouldnt fit with the whipple intake, and I didnt want to cut up the intake to make it fit. So lucky for me Jeff@RT who I got the whipple from and helped install it with me.(his lightning got rolled, so he parted it out).

Well the filter wouldnt work, he had that one just laying around his garage, so we threw it on.

Going to get a K&N for sure. I still need to clean up the whole motor bay actually, going to re-route a few lines. Those pics were taken literally 2 minutes after we finished turning the last wrench.

Actually on a flow bench I have observed that the that filter will flow about the same a the one that is longer. The best thing to reduce restriction is to increase the diameter like the one that comes with the whipple intake. Most of the air get sucked in from around the first few inches

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
shag i can't wait to see those numbers with a whipple on it now!!!
how is JJ treating ya, i bet you're happy with the new motor!!
btw, in case you didn't read what i wrote on your last thread, i love the sound the cams is giving you!!

im jealous of it all!
He's treating me really good. I know people don't like him here, and thats there right. I called him up, within 5 minutes I had my tune and was going WOT.

you might want a piece of chicken wire behind the meter to catch that teeny filter when it turns inside out the first time youre in the boost!

Filter will be gone today, K&N is going in. That puny filter was just to get me home. didnt realize my JLP box wouldnt fit without cutting the whipple intake, which I did not want to do. So Jeff@RT hooked me up with that filter that was laying in the corner of his garage just to get me home, and so we could tune it. With no filter, it sucked in too much air, and the A/F was all over the place.

I see a twin turbo setup in the near future for you my friend!!!

LOL I wish, I'm saving the turbo setup for the wifes car, this way I can dig or roll race....

Hey Shag glad to see you stepped up to a Whipple. So when do you think we will see some air under the tires!!!!?????? Looks real good man...

LOL my wifes never met you, yet she hates you with a passion. She must of caught me watching your videos over 1000 times already. I always said you were my motivation to go fast. So she blames this addiction on you, ROFLMAO. I don't have skinny's for the front, so not sure if she will lift, plus I need to get a set of JDM drag springs. Right now I have Eibach springs in the front, so not sure how they will perform at this power level.

chad i dunno if he has enough rear end travel to get the front to pull the fronts up.

Thank god for JLp drop shackles in the rear, I'm raising the truck up for the track event in 2 weeks. Thats always been my issue, too low and bottoming out.

Race setup looks like this:
l_225364296f846752c214379e2cce6e85.jpg

The first two runs of this video show how it launches on the old setup, these were without spray so I think they were 12.01 runs. Try not to laugh to hard at the first run, I was testing to see where the new TQ converter would stall too, and well I slipped past the lights....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZY-RkUizoE&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Lightning Drag Racing IRR 3-1-08[/ame]

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
LOL......I hate me too haha............Damn bro you got some serious passes in that night. Your going to need the JDM Springs in a bad way.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
LOL. The Dead Hookers event that is around my area about 2-3 times a year, you could run 20x if you wanted too.

I hear ya on the JDM springs. Hopefully in a month or two I can snag some up. I think the wife is going to padlock my wallet shut for a bit after the past month....

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
damn shag, setup looks killer. when is the next dead hookers? i havent been keeping up in need2speed

if you get any seeds falling off your tree let me know! lol

Users who are viewing this thread