? on installing e-fan

SN_95

this hobby cost too much
Established Member
i was wondering if anyone has ever installed a two wire single speed fan in one of our model cars. I do not want to run an extra switch. I would like to know if i can splice it into two of the three wires for the original plug. I know which one is the ground, but do not know which power wire to tap it into as the old fan is a multi speed and the new one is a single speed. any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

Hockeyman48

Established Member
I believe you can probably tie the 2 (low/high) hot wires together as low works on temp rise and high works w/ AC on( it may work on a higher temp rise also).A backfeed on this circuit by tieing them in should not create a problem but installing a diode in series w/ the low and the high speed wires would eliminate any possible problems.

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Why on earth would you go with a single speed fan? Freebee from a V6?

Anyway, tying the two wires ( low speed = Red/Orange or high speed = Orange/Light Blue ) together should not harm anything as each speed is supplied by its own relay within the CCRM that are supplied by the exact same source (the Black/Orange wires at the CCRM).

Actually, according to the V6 wiring diagram, the fan for the V6 has the high speed connection but it's just not used.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread