Mmr cooling mod
Jlt cold air
Off road x
Light weight fly wheel clut h
Muffler delete
Boss manifold

Liln2o

Established Member
I hope so man..... it would be great to see yhe diffrence if there is any frome what I all ready have

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
450rwhp is kind of wishful thinking. I don't think it will be that high with those mods. But some dynos are number happy.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
i made 440 rwhp on two seperate dynos with boss manifold, jlt intake, and o/r x pipe. Since then I have put longtubes on and E85. After the E85 i was about 2 cars faster in a roll race against one of my buddies. we did a before and after pull. My car is a dyno queen tho. My buddies 5.0 has intake and o/r x pipe he put down about415 rwhp on the same day same dyno. every car is different. let me know how it goes im hoping ull get to 450!!!

curemystangitis

Professional Amateur
Established Member
I can't wait to go E85! Nice day to hit the Dyno, gonna get hot this weekend. Every time I leave AED I'm literally laughing at how great the car feels!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
How much time you got? Bad stuff. Especially in a vehicle that isn't set up to run it from the factory. Some will say otherwise but we haul straight ethanol at work and it is some nasty, nasty stuff

Really? The only negative thing about e85 is that it collects a lot of moisture. That's why is always a good idea to have the tank full as much as possible. The ethanol itself does not harm anything. The fuel system of modern cars are made to handle ethanol. Hell they are trying to raise the minimum ethanol content on gas to 20% now. There are a lot of positive things about e85 and not many negatives. I would like to see your long list of negatives....

Going for broke

Established Member
Really? The only negative thing about e85 is that it collects a lot of moisture. That's why is always a good idea to have the tank full as much as possible. The ethanol itself does not harm anything. The fuel system of modern cars are made to handle ethanol. Hell they are trying to raise the minimum ethanol content on gas to 20% now. There are a lot of positive things about e85 and not many negatives. I would like to see your long list of negatives....

Your welcome to run it in your car for an extra 10 or so horse at the expense of 20% less mileage. E85 requires a station to run different equipment on their pump ( nozzle, filter etc.) to keep the ethanol from eating the standard stuff up. I also know that people have had issues with their fuel pick up screens becoming clogged in their tanks because of the e85.
There is also the issue of not knowing how pure the e85 is at any particular station, how many stations don't even carry it... Shall I go on? What are the positives besides making a few more horsepower?

On a side note all gasoline containing any amount of ethanol will suspend the water in the fuel. All of our stations combat issues from that very thing by using filters that won't flow when exposed to the presence of water in the fuel.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Your welcome to run it in your car for an extra 10 or so horse at the expense of 20% less mileage. E85 requires a station to run different equipment on their pump ( nozzle, filter etc.) to keep the ethanol from eating the standard stuff up. I also know that people have had issues with their fuel pick up screens becoming clogged in their tanks because of the e85.
There is also the issue of not knowing how pure the e85 is at any particular station, how many stations don't even carry it... Shall I go on? What are the positives besides making a few more horsepower?

On a side note all gasoline containing any amount of ethanol will suspend the water in the fuel. All of our stations combat issues from that very thing by using filters that won't flow when exposed to the presence of water in the fuel.

Interesting. thanks for your info

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
The ethanol itself is not what causes issue with filters or rust. Ethanol is not accid or magic chemical. The water that it collects is what causes problems. This cars are made with that in mind. The fuel system won't corrode in 5 years because they have protective coating in the tank. The ethanol content does change. Usually e70 for the winder and e85 summer. There are easy ways to test ethanol content. If you have a tune set with the afr dead on for 85% ethanol the worst thing that will happen with e70 is that it will run rich. A lot of things are done in the name of horse power that seem absurd and not worth it. For example a tune. It will void your warranty and possibly damage the engine. Is it worth 15-20hp? To me Hell yeah.

Liln2o

Established Member
Well all said and done and I am verry thankfull sean at aed did a verry good job and I am be ond satisfied

Users who are viewing this thread