On3 FF kit install questions.

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
So I picked up at On3 Forward Facing kit from LMR for my 99GT. I started to install it after reading over the basic instructions sent with the kit and finding any and all information on line searching google. I know I am at least missing one piece in this kit & There are still acouple areas that I’m questioning. From what I’ve gathered the actual turbo gets fed oil from running a line from were the original oil pressure switch goes??? If that is the case, is there any issue with running a remote line up into the engine Bay Area with a 4-way fitting? I would be running my Autometer electronic oil pressure gauge, the factory oil pressure gauge, and the turbo feed line all off this fitting. Is there any problem with that?

My next question is, I have a innovate wideband I will be installing. On the On3 downpipe there is one single bung. There are two bungs in the headers for the front 02 sensors that I will be utilizing. On the rear bung, would it be an issue with just using that for the wideband sensor? I don’t plan on running cats & my rear 02’s are already tuned off and will stay that way with any future tuning. Does this seem to be an issue?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've seen people run a T fitting down by the oil filter to feed the turbo/blower as well as keep the pressure sending unit in place. I remember my 01 Cobra had a pipe plug on the oil filter adapter that I tapped into to feed the blower. I would imagine as long as the ports are big enough you should be ok. But if it were me I'd T off the oil pressure sending unit and Autometer sending unit off the port by the oil filter. Then if you have that pipe plug remove it and tap into that spot to feed the turbo.

I'm pretty sure that bung on the down pipe is for a wideband. That's where my buddies was hooked up in his Hellion kit in his 97 GT.

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
I've seen people run a T fitting down by the oil filter to feed the turbo/blower as well as keep the pressure sending unit in place. I remember my 01 Cobra had a pipe plug on the oil filter adapter that I tapped into to feed the blower. I would imagine as long as the ports are big enough you should be ok. But if it were me I'd T off the oil pressure sending unit and Autometer sending unit off the port by the oil filter. Then if you have that pipe plug remove it and tap into that spot to feed the turbo.

I'm pretty sure that bung on the down pipe is for a wideband. That's where my buddies was hooked up in his Hellion kit in his 97 GT.

The kit came with two empty spots to tap into on the oil filter adapter plate, but the actual plate is a half inch away from the manifold. I don’t see how anyone could actually use those for anything. I just have them capped off with the supplied caps.

Users who are viewing this thread