One Lap of America.....

SVTNICK

Established Member
One Lap of America starts May 3 through May 11. Start preparing for 8 days, 5200 miles and 17 track events of the best in driving fun!

Here is the website. http://www.onelapofamerica.com

Entry fee is about $2000.

Anybody up for it??

-Nick

SVTNICK

Established Member
Brock Yates actually did the real cannonball run in the 70's in order to prove a point that the American driver can indeed drive fast and safe.. After 5 years though, the government threatened to haul his ass in, so he stopped, and started this event...and its legal. (on a side note, he wrote canonball run and smokey and the bandit).

This event is a true test for whatever car you bring because you have to drive to all events..and pretty much run on the same set of tires. Your not not aloud to change tires (you have to use the sponsors tires..which u can get at a steep discount) And your car has to carry all your supplies.

BTW...a CObra R almost won the whole thng last year, but at the last event, the car had problems. Still came in third though..behind 2 Vipers.

Ive wanted to compete in this race since Ive had a drivers license. This year might be my first attempt....need to make sure the Cobra is up to the task first(meaning amke sure i have none of the problems that some other Cobra owners r having)..and that I have the proper requirments done before the event.

Users who are viewing this thread