One pass on the new setup and booted from the track!

corepwn

Established Member
First, I want to give a big thanks to everyone that has helped in one way or another while I've been working on this.
Justin, Sai, & Chris @ Forcedmotorsports, Justin @ VMP tuning, Sylvain @ BilletProShop, Shaun @ AED.

I finally got everything buttoned up and made it out to the track today to see how would go on the new motor.

It was expected but still sucked to get kicked especially since this was a true test pass being it's first time out on a cautious tune, and naturally ran into issues.

I launched from 1100rpm and layed down an amazing 1.430 60' while spinning so bad that it shifted at 6k. Anyone happen to know what the stock converter 100% stock suspension 60' record is? Haha.
Hit the 2-3 limiter hard, and then I topped it off with a bit of belt slip in 4th.
LcJSbVm.jpg

Still fortunate enough to run a 9.94 @ 137.79.

Here's an in-car video with the time slip included: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUsDCKNnw9U&feature=youtu.be

Not bad for the very pass on the new setup. Had significant issues and will probably have to visit a different track to get a clean pass once the issues are sorted but it gives me a baseline to work from and she's got a lot left in it :rockon:

11.0 Aluminator
VMP Gen2 TVS w/Snakebite, running 6 rib 75mm.
VMP Twin67mm Throttle body
JLT123mm CAI
ID1300 Injectors
Return fuel system w/dual 465s
Lethal ORH
GT500 ABs
Racestar 17x8, 15x8 on 275/60/15 MT DRs (Not a pro radial)
E85
Self tuned but with lots of help from the people I thanked.

No weight reduction. Stock suspension, stock converter, stock manifolds.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Congrats!!! Thats an awesome first time out! Except for the getting the Boot :/

Dammm You... Your going to make me put a real tire on my car, aren't you! Lol!

Last edited:

lindermant

Established Member
I launched from 1100rpm and layed down an amazing 1.430 60' while spinning so bad that it shifted at 6k. Anyone happen to know what the stock converter 100% stock suspension 60' record is? Haha.
Hit the 2-3 limiter hard, and then I topped it off with a bit of belt slip in 4th.
LcJSbVm.jpg
nice graph - did you happen to log drive shaft rpm as well? (OSS PID in SCT livelink software)? I'm just starting to log engine RPM v. drive shaft rpm in an effort to help make sense of what my car is doing at the track.

I was going to post a thread about it to see who else might be data logging these sorts of things with the SCT handheld and livelink software...

Famine

Established Member
Nice run. I noticed you sig stated self tuned with help. Any possibility I could get you to pass on the knowledge?

corepwn

Established Member
I'm always game to try and help but honestly I'd contact one of the vendors I mentioned. As you can see I'm still chasing issues myself.

corepwn

Established Member
Thanks guys. I was happy to break into the 9s and know that there's a lot left. Biggest issue now is that the tracks here are strict so I have limited opportunities to test going forward.

techwerkz

Established Member
Glad you were finally able to make a pass after everything that has happened. A 1.43 60' on completely factory suspension is impressive. Imagine what a little BMR love and some Pros will do for you!

corepwn

Established Member
I think I'm going to switch to Radial Pro's and see how they hook before I introduce any suspension parts. It'll be interesting to see how far the 100% stock suspension and converter combo can go.

THEN I'll have to give Kelly @ BMR a call.

Users who are viewing this thread