ONE WRONG CALIPER ON MY 03???

Bratman

Established Member
Just washed my car for the first time today and noticed that only the passenger side front brake caliper has 'COBRA' machined on it! The driver's side front caliper has nothing on it!!! WTF??? :mj: :gt: :cuss:

'Qulity is Job One' yeah right... Pretty dissappointing. I can't wait to call SVT and my dealer tomorrow and have them tell me that this is "perfectly normal - just one of the idiosyncracies of the car... many Cobras have one correct caliper and the other off of a GT or whatever was left over..."

Anyone else have this problem??? Maybe we should all check just in case - start a poll or something... :xpl:

dvarapala

SVT God... NOT!
Established Member
Phew!

I just ran out to the garage to check. Phew! All 4 of my calipers have Cobra on them. Ya had me worried there for a second! :) :thumbsup:

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
All replaced. I think they even had the wrong rotors.

Bratman, How long have you had your car?

The brakes are a big part of the Cobra package.

The first thing I changed was my front and back pads.
I went with a performance ceramic material.

I also added a personal touch......

swap9.jpg

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by Mac03Cobra

The first thing I changed was my front and back pads.
I went with a performance ceramic material.

Those red calipers look nice! I have mine on my GT red also.

Do you still get the break dust all over the wheels with the ceramic pads? And if you dont mind me asking...Where did you get them? And do you have the part #'s handy? These pads that are on there right now have got to go. I cant believe how much dust they throw off.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
I'll dig up the part numbers...Ferodo. About $150 for front and back.

I still get dust, but it's a very light grey. Only in the rear. The fronts HARDLY have any dust. The ceramic pad are nice, but they are tough on rotors. VERY hard pad.

lifter213

Established Member
Thanks. Dont worry about the part #'s if you cant find them. I can get them. I really apreciate it the help.

Users who are viewing this thread