Oops... Need a new pedal.

shub

Weirdo
Established Member
I guess I got a little too excited at the track tonight and broke the throttle pedal clean off during a run. :uh oh:

I was able to get it back on temporarily, and get a few more (crappy) runs in, but it's not going to last very long.

Can anyone recommend a good set of aluminum pedals and where I can order them for a decent price?

Thanks!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
me and Postban both broke ours in 2003 and he just did it again a few weeks ago...lots of others have also

don't know of any replacements....BilletFlow *might* make some in the future

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I can vouch for 50resto! Also, ebay might have a set for you. I'd run a few searches on there to see what comes up. Good luck

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
50resto doesn't have what I want

what I'm looking for is a billet pedal that is not just a cover or a plastic replacement like our stock ones....

shub

Weirdo
Established Member
JB said:
50resto doesn't have what I want

what I'm looking for is a billet pedal that is not just a cover or a plastic replacement like our stock ones....

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

At least I'm not the only one who has done this. :)

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
shub said:
I guess I got a little too excited at the track tonight and broke the throttle pedal clean off during a run. :uh oh:

I was able to get it back on temporarily, and get a few more (crappy) runs in, but it's not going to last very long.

Can anyone recommend a good set of aluminum pedals and where I can order them for a decent price?

Thanks!
I did the same thing last week racing a Firehawk. The gas pedal is cheap plastic. In all actuality the gas pedal is the only one that needs to be replaced / redesigned in my opinion. The brake and clutch pedals seem to be sturdy. I have a new one on order from my dealer. I could have had it replaced under warranty, but I don't want to risk some 16 year old punk beating the crap out my car at the dealer over a $40 part.

shub

Weirdo
Established Member
VETTEHUNTER said:
I did the same thing last week racing a Firehawk. The gas pedal is cheap plastic. In all actuality the gas pedal is the only one that needs to be replaced / redesigned in my opinion. The brake and clutch pedals seem to be sturdy. I have a new one on order from my dealer. I could have had it replaced under warranty, but I don't want to risk some 16 year old punk beating the crap out my car at the dealer over a $40 part.

I hear ya on warranty fixes. It sucks seeing 5-10+ miles on your ODO for a "test drive" after a dealer fix.

I have heard of people busting off the clutch pedal too during hard shifts, so I ordered the full Roush set above. $78 shipped from a guy on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=7955568882&sspagename=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11

He's got more if you're interested.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member

shub

Weirdo
Established Member
Shit! I just got them in, and all they are are COVERS!!!!

Looks like I'll be machining a mounting bracket for these guys.

Users who are viewing this thread