Opinion on some parts and their horsepower

03RedfireGT

Love FORD but got a HONDA
Established Member
Does anybody know how much power a cold air intake, long tube headers (1 5/8 to 2 1/2 collector) H-pipe and high flows (2 1/2 all the way back from headers), and a cat back would give to my 2003 GT---Could I also ask for opinions on products from Mac Performance where I got all the parts from

03RedfireGT

Established Member
I figured somebody might know somethin cuz I couldnt find exactly where else to put it. Could somebody give me a suggestion then?

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Its cool dude, no worries. You probably want to post it on the Terminator Forums, maybe mod Forum (if one exist) or one similar. A moderator should come along and move it to the right place for ya. Welcome ot the site.

Bazuko

Established Member
15 rwhp? I just put longtubes and a dr. gas x pipe on mine....but I also have every other bolt on..so 15 rwhp sounds about right, with those being your only mods ;-)

Modular4vFox

Nobama!!!
Established Member
My guess = 15-25rwhp. You should get a Dr. Gas X-pipe they make more torque than an h-pipe. (Florida has no emmissions testing, right?) Or if you really need cats, Magnaflow makes a nice hi-flow cat "True-X" system. But, the Magnaflows are kinda pricey.

svtfreak03

Established Member
My opinion Get (Magnaflow catback, bassani-xpipe, 4:10 Gear ratios for Gt, BBK headers, steeda intake, Diablo Chip) And your basicly set. Dont know exactly how much hp added but your car should hit 13.3s because my friend has same mod's on his 2003 Gt.

Almo

Established Member
03RedfireGT said:
Does anybody know how much power a cold air intake, long tube headers (1 5/8 to 2 1/2 collector) H-pipe and high flows (2 1/2 all the way back from headers), and a cat back would give to my 2003 GT---Could I also ask for opinions on products from Mac Performance where I got all the parts from

25-35 RWHP maybe.

Cheers

03RedfireGT

Established Member
The only real reason I went all MAC was simply because of the cost. Right now, since I'm not really making much money going to college and all, I figured I would settle for products a little less expensive. I just wanted to make sure I did not choose stuff that was going to fall apart, haha. I have been reading the posts in my other thread also and using them in my future planning. Thanks again.

Bazuko

Established Member
Well, I have heard that the mac longtubes are not very good. If you have to service your tranny, you are gonna have to remove them, and once you do they are a PITA to put them back on. Just my .02 cents

03RedfireGT

Established Member
I have heard from two people that said bad things about the Mac LT's. One other person said something about them rusting. Can anybody tell me how BAD they really are and possibly how much life I could get out of mine?

72stang

Established Member
I agree with the 20-30 range.

But take a note from the ricer bible- "Stickers equal horsepower, and NOS stickers give you 1000rwhp (as long as your car has a stock motor, only way it works).

Users who are viewing this thread