Opinion?

01blkcovert

Established Member
Picked up a ten penny nail dead center of my left rear tire. Slow leaking. I'll pull the tire and get it plugged today but I don't know if I'm comfortable with this. Any opinions? Snake has 500 miles on it.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
A plug like that will last forever, it gets vulcanized to the rubber and does not negate goodyear's warrantee. I would recommend going with the $30 plug versus $350 tire.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
I agree... I know a very knowledgable tire guy here in CT.... The plug will last the life of the tire... In some cases it could be better than an inside patch... You also do not have to rip the tire off the wheel to repair it (no scratches, balancing, etc.).

Hey 03 BLK COVERT, I'm in Danbury with my 03 ragtop. Where are you in NY?

Peter M

:beer:

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Plug and Patch... The only repair authorized by most tire vendors.

Works like a patch, but keeps the integrity of the casing. Just a patch lets water get into the belts. Just a plug doesn't address the sealant on the inside...

Do you have to dismount? Yep, but a 17, 18, 19. 20 " are a piece of cake these days....

JMO..

Mac

01blkcovert

Established Member
Originally posted by Petzuk
I agree... I know a very knowledgable tire guy here in CT.... The plug will last the life of the tire... In some cases it could be better than an inside patch... You also do not have to rip the tire off the wheel to repair it (no scratches, balancing, etc.).

Hey 03 BLK COVERT, I'm in Danbury with my 03 ragtop. Where are you in NY?

Peter M

:beer:
I'm in Sound Beach on Long Island. I see Ct. from my house. Thanks to all for the response. 03 Black Convertible replaced my 01 Black Conv. They shouldn't even be called the same name they are so different. Thnx

Users who are viewing this thread