Opinions Needed E85 or 110

jcorlew24

Established Member
So here is my dilemma. I have an 2003 cobra with 2.6 KB, 60lbs. injectors, BAP, and other supporting mods. The car was recently tuned at Dynospeed and made 584 rwhp pushing 16.5lbs. of boost and conservative timing.

The car has 12,500 miles on it and is only driven occasionally on nice days. I would like to get a little more out of the car and have doing a lot of research on the benefits of E85 conversion after seeing its availabilty in my area. I was really leaning that way until I started putting together a budget on what it would run for the conversion and tuning. For a budget system using factory fuel rails and 80 lbs. injectors, including the tune I would be looking at around $3,400 for everything. If I go all out it is looking like I am going to be over $4,500.

I have a station right down the street from me that has a 110 race pump. So should I just go the cheaper route and have the car tuned on 110 and keep the 93 tune as well? I have all the pulleys to make more boost. The extra expense on fuel would not be that much of a difference being that the car sees very little mileage. I would not be traveling long distances either. What do you guys think?

evolve

Established Member
Get a 110 tune since there is a station nearby. Dont waste the $$ on e85 unless you have easy access and drive it a bit more. My .02...

Users who are viewing this thread