opinions needed

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
A guy over on nloc is selling his 00 with 83k miles with a blown motor and he is asking 8500. One of the problems is that its in St. Louis and I am in Northern VA. I am trying to decide if its even worth making the trip. The one good reason about it is, the blown motor. Whats everyones opinions on this? My girlfriend and I want to get another lightning, and its either get a cheap one with a blown motor/high miles and build it or wait till i get my raise/promotion and get a newer less mileage L.

here are some pictures of the one with a blown motor.
svtl5_filtered.jpg

svtl4_filtered.jpg

Truck_flaws_011.jpg

n1305360471_30109927_8306.jpg

junioRace

Established Member
Well, he's "asking" for $8500. I'd work that figure as low as I could go, especially since you are coming in from VA. How is the engine hurt?

If those are recent pics (not from 2001 or something) looks to be in decent shape. I'd say if you are looking for a truck to heavily mod, wouldn't be a bad pick.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
by looking at the exif data on the pictures the last two were taken may and june of this year. Wiper cowl would go. I would go pick it up with a friend and a trailor, and he wanted 1000obo i said that i wouldnt pay that much, and then 8500 came up...i might try to talk him down a bit. I am still waiting for my details (ie heads, trans, blah blah) so if the heads and trans are ****ed im not even going to get it...

bmfgsxr

Established Member
if the truck has low miles on it overall but with just a blown motor you can get a built motor from msx for under 6k.. add that to the cost of the truck and there is your overall price.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
i already have a built motor quote which is a very good price from JLP...and the truck itself has 83k

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Just for the hell of it I ran the Ford Oasis Report and Warranty History on the 03 for you.

Oasis report:

OASIS RESULT:
2FTRF07393CA84922

11/16/2006
12:21:36
© Copyright 2002-2006 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

VEHICLE INFORMATION
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION
2003 F-SERIES LD BODY STYLE
F-150 REG CAB FLARE SIDE 4X2 ENGINE
5.4L SOHC EFI S/C
TRANSMISSION
4R100 HD 4-SP O/D AXLE CODE
B6 ENGINE CALIBRATION
3F514Y0A
WARNING MESSAGES
CUDL - THIS VEHICLE HAS A CLOSED CUDL CONTACT
INCLUDES SVT PREMIUM SERVICE: LOANER-WASH-VACUUM
ARN MESSAGES
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION
WARRANTY START DATE
03/25/2004 BUILD DATE
04/24/2003 SALE MILEAGE
OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS
NO CAMPAIGN MESSAGE(S) FOUND
EXTENDED COVERAGES
NO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE
REPAIR HISTORY
NO REPAIR HISTORY ON VEHICLE

Warrany History:

There was no history for the truck which means this thing has never been to Ford for anything under warranty. No recalls on the truck ether.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
RIDE THE said:
Just for the hell of it I ran the Ford Oasis Report and Warranty History on the 03 for you.

Oasis report:

OASIS RESULT:
2FTRF07393CA84922

11/16/2006
12:21:36
© Copyright 2002-2006 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

VEHICLE INFORMATION
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION
2003 F-SERIES LD BODY STYLE
F-150 REG CAB FLARE SIDE 4X2 ENGINE
5.4L SOHC EFI S/C
TRANSMISSION
4R100 HD 4-SP O/D AXLE CODE
B6 ENGINE CALIBRATION
3F514Y0A
WARNING MESSAGES
CUDL - THIS VEHICLE HAS A CLOSED CUDL CONTACT
INCLUDES SVT PREMIUM SERVICE: LOANER-WASH-VACUUM
ARN MESSAGES
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION
WARRANTY START DATE
03/25/2004 BUILD DATE
04/24/2003 SALE MILEAGE
OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS
NO CAMPAIGN MESSAGE(S) FOUND
EXTENDED COVERAGES
NO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE
REPAIR HISTORY
NO REPAIR HISTORY ON VEHICLE

Warrany History:

There was no history for the truck which means this thing has never been to Ford for anything under warranty. No recalls on the truck ether.
so is that good or bad?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I would take it as REALLY good. This just means that it has never been the dealership for any warranty repair. If it had a cylinder head or a transmission replaced it would show up in the report. That or the owner never took care of it.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
I might go take a look at it this weekend, depending on the weather...i now need to get everything off the srt4 to sell...you cant have a stock lightning...

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I hear ya, I'll look for your new ride around Sterling/Ashburn in the future. In the mean time I'll just have to look for your SRT to run.:poke: :beer:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Cascades, right behind Home Depot.............you never see it becasue I am always working and I'm usally in one of my beaters or driving side jobs around. Hell, I never see the damn thing anymore. By the time I get my interior finished next month it'll be time to put the car cover on for the winter. If you ever need help with the L give me a shout, as you know I'm right down the street.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
Yea my friend owns a shop right down the street from you... when i had my lightning i worked at that merchants behind you...

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
2000 Silver L correct? Used to see it all the time sitting at merchants. Looked alot like my old 00. Where did you buy it from? Hell, it might have been mine.

Users who are viewing this thread