opinions needed

stothew

Established Member
Without getting into many things regarding this. I'll stick to one aspect of my recent transaction.

I purchased and recieved a t56 trans from a member here. he had it listed here on this site as an Astro Performance "bullet proof" t56.

Calling somethings into question i contacted Astro and gave them their number they stamp in the trans. Astro was very kind to answer my questions, great service considering I am not even a customer of theirs. Was told the one thing this particular trans did not recieve when work was performed to it was that it did not have the upgraded output shaft to 31 spline. (I confirmed this with a count of 27 stock. Sent pic to seller.) So I asked them, back when they marketed the "bullet proof" t56 did that include any without the upgraded output? Astros response was a clear "no".

Seller said he would make it right if it was not as advertised.

Does anybody see what i see wrong with this? In that it couldnt be "bullet proof" as Astro sold them.

However seller sticks with claiming it is their "bullet proof"

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
No much you can really do here. Try and talk to the seller again about the situation and then just move on. Count it as a lesson learned. Do your homework before the purchase and ask questions first, like the spline count etc.

Or you can make another thread in SmackDown and call the seller out...................

stothew

Established Member
yeah, i pretty much know nothing i can do, and lesson learned. Think I am being absurd as the seller called it for thinking I would recieve a trans with those upgrades already based off of the listing?

thanks for the advice Thepizz.

stothew

Established Member
What or where would be the best way to call this out so that others dont have the same problem with this seller, who said at first he does not want any negative feedback cause he wants to start making this his business? Id like everyone to be aware of him.

Ironhand

Banned
To go to a 31 spline output shaft is a pain in the ass and almost not worth the added cost unless your car makes serious power. You also have to have a different yoke on the driveshaft in order to use the 31 spline output shaft.

Bullet proof could have meant the internals(shift fork, pads, etc)

Could you imagine how mad someone might have been if it did have a 31 spline output shaft and someone bought it and then they had to spend more money to buy the input shaft for the driveshaft.

I wouldnt worry about it. If he didnt have it listed in the FS thread then why even bring it up?

Last edited:

stothew

Established Member
I am worried about it cause that is what i was expecting from the listing he posted. It was listed in the FS threads here on this site.

Ironhand

Banned
If you were expecting something that wasnt listed in the thread then thats the wrong way to go about buying stuff.

MurderedMach

Established Member
Funny Story this is. Shall we get Tony at Astro to chime in?

Everyone is more than welcome to check out my FS ad for it....No it obviously does not have a 31 spline output shaft....and NO they did not all come with a 31 spline output shaft.

Buyer isnt sharing as much info as he should. I believe if it had a 31 spline output shaft and anyone would have bought it.....I would be getting a lashing for the simply fact they would have to have a completly custom driveshaft made.

How about we think logistics here. The transmission was everything that was advertised. Like I said, I can have whomever confirm this.

MurderedMach

Established Member
IMG_1507.png

IMG_1506.png

IMG_1505.png

IMG_1504.png

Last edited:

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
This is my old T56 that I sold to Matt last year. The transmission was never marketed to have a 31 spline output and was never marketed as an "Astro Bulletproof" transmission. I used the word "bulletproof" to describe it because I had every single part that is made for a T56 installed save for the mainshaft(31 spline output).

stothew

Established Member
astro told me they sell their astro bullet proof trans with upgraded output shaft. which this is what the listing specified. when i asked astro if they sold their bullet proof without upgraded output, he simply said "no"

Users who are viewing this thread