Opinions Needed

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
So I have reached a dilima in my life about my car choice and racing amount.lol. I have really had the itch lately to turn my cobra into a more track oriented car and have the chance to enjoy it more from the racing aspect. I barely drive it as it is and i see little to no use out of the car. I just cant bring my self to swap a solid axle into it and beat on it with on 33,000 miles on the clock though. I have a fox right now that is a dedicated bracket car but I seem to have lost interest in doing the whole bracket racing. Am I just over reacting about racing this car or should I sell it and my fox and buy a higher mileage cobra to race that I wouldn't feel so bad about moddifing? Opinions needed, what have you guys done?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I would just keep taking it to the track and slowly modify it. keep your original parts such as the irs, etc in case you ever decide you want to return it back.

edit: and as far as permanent mods such as a roll cage? go for it!

testorossa1989

Established Member
This thread can really go either way. Depends how deep your heart is into track racing. Do you want to remove the reliability aspect of your car and replace it with uncertainty and cams for the street and track or have a trailer queen track car.

Plenty of members have cobras for strick track days car, others have street setups and others have a little of both.

Just my .02 cents here. If your enjoying the new edge life. Sell the fox and grab a nice 99-01 cobra and set that up for track duty.

Last edited:

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
Well as far as going into the engine beyond blower swaps I have no desire to do that. I just want something I can take to the track and bang some gears in and do some true street events at the NMRA.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Well as far as going into the engine beyond blower swaps I have no desire to do that. I just want something I can take to the track and bang some gears in and do some true street events at the NMRA.

So get a twin screw or turbo with supporting mods and run slicks for the track and drag radials for the street. A lot of people do this.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

that is exactly what I do with mine and it is my daily driver. a lot of folks on here do. like most modern muscle, these can be true street/strip cars.

I can drive 3 hours to the local drag strip with cold a/c on drag radials, run some decent passes and drive home. I run in nmca true street as well.

just beef it up where it needs it, and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread